Pseudo Graphics Interface

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Pseudo Graphics Interface
# 1  
Old 06-07-2005
Error Pseudo Graphics Interface

Hello everybody,

Im trying to make a MENU to be showed in the screen but hoy i can draw the marc in a specific position?

for example, i want as marc:

but when i draw something into it i have:

* title *
* word longs *
* word *
* bottom *

and the right line get ugly.
im using just 'echo "*********" ' into the script

plz your help
# 2  
Old 06-07-2005
Code:
printf '************************\n'
printf "* title%17s\n" "*"
printf "* world longs%11s\n" "*"

Or better yet:

Code:
cat <<EOF
* title                *
* word longs           *
* word                 *
* bottom               *
EOF

# 3  
Old 06-07-2005
But is there a way to use as in C the command gotoxy?
# 4  
Old 06-07-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat
But is there a way to use as in C the command gotoxy?
#define gotoxy ????
# 5  
Old 06-08-2005
You would have to do that by yourself: write a shell function which gets two parameters (x and y coords) and then uses "tput" to put the cursor to the designated line/column. This should be feasible, but only with a finite amount of effort.

bakunin
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Adding a network interface to a bonded interface

I have a RHEL 5 system with a bonded interface configure using only one network port (eth0). So I have config file for ifcfg-bond0 and ifcfg-eth. I'd like to configure eth5 to be the second SLAVE in the bond. My question is, after I modify ifcfg-eth5, can I add eth5 to the bond0 interface without... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: westmoreland
1 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

[Solved] links2 --enable-graphics from source, configure error: no graphics driver found.

Howdy I am trying to install links2 with graphics support on snow leopard 10.6.8 (xcode installed). I have had the program running last year, also installed from source - but then I had installed some image libraries with mac ports and fink - cannot reproduce that setup. Plus I would like to not... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: butterbaerchen
6 Replies

3. IP Networking

Need a bridge from an ethernet interface to a serial interface

This is my situation DOS pc serial cable (sl0) Linux Pc eth1 192.168.0.10 <-------------------->192.168.0.2 <------------>192.168.0.1 (router) I connected the linux pc and the dos pc with a SLIP (serial line internet protocol), so they can communicate in the sl0 interface. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mghis
3 Replies

4. SCO

Change SCO - GUI or Desktop interface to DOS based interface

Hi all I have installed a demo version of SCO OpenServer 5.0.2, I finally found it is Desktop Interface, I would like to know how to change its interface to dos based interface? If you have any ideas, please tell me then. Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: TinhNhi
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Command line Interface or GUI Interface not shown on solaris

Dear all, I am a newbie in solaris and I need your advice. I have a Solaris version 5.9 installed on Sunfire V240. I am able to ssh the machine from putty remotely. My problem is that I cannot see the display from KVM switch I have connected to it. I need also to be able to see the GUI... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbouster
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pseudo Terminal

How can i view what my colleague is doing in the terminal pts/1 while i have logged into terminal pts/2 ?? Both have remotely logged in via ssh. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
4 Replies

7. Solaris

what is /devices/pseudo/ ??

Hi all, what does this mean? if then <something> fi here is what i know.. it checks if the specified argument no($devid) in some function call is made into a block device and then proceeds with the execution of the loop. However am not understand what lofi@0:means? also is there... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
3 Replies

8. Solaris

pseudo: [ID 129642 kern.info] pseudo-device: vol0

Hi I have a system that gave me some messages on bootup that I was not used to seeing: pseudo: pseudo-device: vol0 genunix: vol0 is /pseudo/vol@0 these came with these: Feb 13 17:42:17 system1 eri: SUNW,eri0 : 100 Mbps full duplex link up Feb 13 17:42:21 system1sendmail: My unqualified... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mndavies
0 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question