SATA driver for soalris 9

Operating Systems Solaris SATA driver for soalris 9
# 1  
Old 07-04-2006
SATA driver for soalris 9

can any one help me look for a driver for SATA harddisk, im installing solaris 9 to it.

thanks and regards
msouthofheavenk Smilie
# 2  
Old 07-07-2006
Can anybody help me installing Solaris 10 on SATA Hard Disk on ASUS CHipset
# 3  
Old 07-07-2006
Check the HCL, if it's not there, then you're probably out of luck.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Hardware

Difference between platform driver,codec driver and Machine driver

In general terms what are the differences platform driver,codec driver and Machine driver? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rupeshkp728
1 Replies

2. Hardware

Question on SATA 300 vs SATA 600

I have an upgrade path in mind for a new computer that will be stocked with a 2TB SATA 300 hard disk. This is a choice based on information that SATA 300 is not necessarily faster than SATA 600. The upgrade path in a year time or so would then involve the purchase of an SSD that would contain the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
4 Replies

3. Hardware

Connect SATA Laptop HardDrive to Desktop SATA Slots

Hello everybody, I need to connect a laptop 2.5 SATA hard drive to a Desktop board (which uses 3.5' SATA hard drives). I've tried the connectors and they fit excellent in the 2.5 SATA connectors. The problem is that the laptop hard drive uses 5v and the PC's power source sends 12v. So, my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zykl0n-B
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

boot option Available partitions 0b00 1048575 sr0 driver:sr 0800 488386584 sda driver:sd

Help, suspect hacked via serial or electric! any ideas on error "Pid:1, comm:swapper Tainted:G W 2.6.35-22 generic #33 -unbutu device = "(null)" or unknown-blocklist(8.1) please append a correct "root"boot option Available partitions 0b00 1048575 sr0 driver:sr 0800 488386584 sda driver:sd. Thanks... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kryclear
3 Replies

5. Solaris

soft errors in soalris

hi friends, How will you clear the soft error on disk ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajaramrnb
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Soalris 10 - Zones information

Hi Does anyone know of a good way to collect information about what resources are being used by all zones e.g. disk space, cpu, mem, virt mem? Are there any gui tools available for this type of operation that I've missed? The only info that I have gathered isfrom the following command: #... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: skewbie
1 Replies

7. Solaris

mplayer on soalris

Hi all ... I would like to know how to install mplayer on solaris 10 i have been trying to understand it through the docs on their website but didnt get it that well.. So if anyone can give me step by step instructions to install it ..i would much appreciate it!!! Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

trying to setup a sata drive using a sata to scsi adaptor

trying to setup a sata drive using a sata to scsi adaptor I have a sata 1TB Deskstar that I had setup before and during shipment from a facilty to another, the disk failed. The handling was not great, lots of throwing boxes, etc. I have a new disk from Hitachi (thankyou Hitachi) anyway, I don't... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mndavies
1 Replies

9. Solaris

soalris 10 sparc 64-bit

Hi all, When i use the command ps , it throws the error like this "ld.so.1: ps: fatal: /lib/libc.so.1: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 Killed" Some of the commands will work.say for e.g. who,cp but w will not work. Please can anyone help me on this to solve this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shanshine
7 Replies

10. Solaris

SUNWglmr -- rasctrl environment monitoring driver for i2c or SCSI device driver ?

I've been researching minimizeing Solaris 8 and found that on the web page http://www.sun.com/bigadmin/content/packagelist/s8u7PkgList/p2.html the package SUNWglmr is listed as "rasctrl environment monitoring driver for i2c, (Root) (32-bit)" while in the document "Solaris 8 minimize-updt1.pdf"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: roygoodwin
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question