Problem building app

Operating Systems Solaris Problem building app
# 1  
Old 12-18-2009
Problem building app

trying to run IPERF and i've downloaded and installed and screwed around with my path to get compilers and such available...

switch to su
run ./configure
seems to go fine, couple of no's but based on previous runs it seems to be ok...
do make
it goes for a bit, and then it dies and here is, the important part i think
Code:

g++: unrecognized option `-pthread'
Undefined                       first referenced
 symbol                             in file
sched_yield                         ../compat/libcompat.a(Thread.o)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to iperf
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1

Thanks

Last edited by Scott; 12-18-2009 at 04:47 PM.. Reason: Code tags
# 2  
Old 12-18-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrich523
trying to run IPERF and i've downloaded and installed and screwed around with my path to get compilers and such available...

switch to su
run ./configure
seems to go fine, couple of no's but based on previous runs it seems to be ok...
do make
Code:

*** Error code 1

Thanks
It clearly means that you dont have the pthread libraries installed in your /usr/lib (or whatever your lib symlinks to).
Normally you compile the multithreaded apps like
g++ foo.c -o bar -pthread
but that needs pthread libraries to dynamically link them to.
what distro are you using?
Install the pthread libraries from your distro's repository or download and compile them from sourceforge.net or so.
Regards.
# 3  
Old 12-19-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrich523

switch to su
run ./configure
do make
Code:

*** Error code 1

Thanks
On Solaris, sched_yield() is in librt.so. Add "-lrt" to your list of libraries you're linking against.
# 4  
Old 01-14-2010
thanks, adding the -lrt worked!
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Wuhan Coronavirus Status App for China - Rapid Prototype using MQTT and the IoT OnOff IOS App

With a little bit of work, was able to build a nice "Wuhan Coronavirus Status" app using MQTT and the IoT-OnOff app. More on this technique here: ESP32 (ESP-WROOM-32) as an MQTT Client Subscribed to Linux Server Load Average Messages The result turned out nice, I think. I like the look and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
10 Replies

2. Solaris

Problem with /app

Hi folks, i have a problem with my /app directory on solaris 10.It is mounted under rpool root and sometimes it increase dimension bringing root out of space.I want to mount /app under different position, maybe under secondary hardisk for which i have created a mount point with zfs pool...How... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattpunk
10 Replies

3. Programming

Building app. to send data to website

Hi. I plan to build an application which takes text data from a user. It then sends this to a website, login required. The business case being this site contains many text fields, mostly redundant to user. My application would only prompt user for necessary text. What language, methods... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cic
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Cygwin <--> CMD App Problem (Terminal Type?)

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but here it is. We have a nightly process that runs on an HP-UX box to stop our application and backend database servers, unmount their SAN hosted file systems, and then snapshot the SAN LUNs for backup and refresh of data on "report" and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deckard
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Building cdrkit on Solaris 8 generates a linker problem

I'm trying to build cdrkit-1.1.9 but have the same problem with 1.1.6 as well. The reason I need cdrkit is that it has an extended Joilet that mkisofs doesn't have but if anyone has another program that can provide this that might be a work around I can use. The problem I'm having is when I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dxk3355
1 Replies

6. OS X (Apple)

Problem building graphserver

I've been trying to build this thing graphserver (Graphserver - Fine Open Source Itineraries) but I'm getting a build error on Mac OS X 1.4.11. I've tried using subversion and 0.5 release, both report the same problem. $ sudo ruby install.rb build Password: checking for main() in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ollie saunders
0 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Problem building graphserver

Problem building graphserver I've been trying to build this thing graphserver (Graphserver - Fine Open Source Itineraries) but I'm getting a build error on Mac OS X 1.4.11. I've tried using subversion and 0.5 release, both report the same problem. $ sudo ruby install.rb build Password:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ollie saunders
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Building a new PC

Hi, im building a new PC for my FreeBSD - sorry it's not really UNIX related but I dont really visit any other online forums, and lost ideas of people to ask, Basically would it work if bought this motherboard -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ErNci
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mail problem (NOT Mail or Mail.app)

When I try to use the CLI mail, I get the following error. What's wrong? Welcome to Darwin! % mail root Subject: test test . EOT % /etc/mail/sendmail.cf: line 81: fileclass: cannot open /etc/mail/local-host-names: Group writable directory Do I just need to change the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chenly
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question