Ugrade OpenSSL on Centos 5.5

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Ugrade OpenSSL on Centos 5.5
# 1  
Old 07-25-2010
Upgrade OpenSSL on Centos 5.5

Hi,
I have been trying to upgrade my OpenSSL for a while now, tried looking for guides on the forums and found nothing.

I am trying to be able to use the "openssl version" command to be able to see the newer version

I compiled openssl-1.0.0a with vanilla config at start, then compiled it with
Code:
./config --prefix=/usr/local --openssldir=/usr/local/openssl

configurations
It didnt help me and my OS still shows the older version:
Code:
[root@login openssl-1.0.0a]# openssl version
OpenSSL 0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 01 Jul 2008

is there any way i can fix this so the openssl will link to the newer version?

Thanks in advanced
Amit

Last edited by pludi; 07-25-2010 at 06:09 PM.. Reason: code tags, please...

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

OpenSSL

I just started playing around with Unix's OpenSSL utility. I can't seem to get the hang of it, and the man page isn't helping much. I wanted to experiment with file encryption, so I created a dummy text file with one line of text and tried to encrypt it using DES. I used the following command: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ultrix
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Version of OpenSSL being used

Hello I'm relatively new to technologies like Apache & ssl but have some years experience with Unix. My question concerns the version of OpenSSL which is genuinely being used on our server & how is that set. The server is running Solaris 10. I'll show output from various commands: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CHoggarth
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

How to Upgrade Centos 5.7 using Centos 5.8 ISO image on Vmware workstation

Dear Linux Experts, On my windows 7 desktop with the help of Vmware workstation (Version 7.1), created virtual machine and installed Centos 5.7 successfully using ISO image. Query : Is this possible to upgrade the Centos 5.7 using Centos 5.8 ISO image to Centos version 5.8?.. if yes kindly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ananthcn
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Openssl 0.9.8r

Hi Peeps, Having trouble compiling openssl 0.9.8r on Solaris 10 x86. The make test fails when running the shatests (segmentation faults). There is a PROBLEM file that references a file called values.c. Anyone know whereabouts in the source tree you put this file as the file doesn't tell you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using openssl

All, I am new to openssl and I have not been able to figure out exactly how to use it. What I need to do is to create a shell script which FTPS's (SFTP is not allowed on my project) a file to a mainframe. The mainframe will not initiate a session with my server. Question. Are the packages... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MichaelInDC
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

openssl help

I ungraded my openssl on sun solaris 8 from openssl 0.9.6c to openssl 0.9.6g the ungrade went fine but when I tried to ssh in to server, I received the following error message "ld.so.1: ./sshd: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.6: symbol main: referenced symbol... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan2
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
PRIME(1SSL)                                                           OpenSSL                                                          PRIME(1SSL)

NAME
openssl-prime, prime - compute prime numbers SYNOPSIS
openssl prime [-help] [-hex] [-generate] [-bits] [-safe] [-checks] [number...] DESCRIPTION
The prime command checks if the specified numbers are prime. If no numbers are given on the command line, the -generate flag should be used to generate primes according to the requirements specified by the rest of the flags. OPTIONS
[-help] Display an option summary. [-hex] Generate hex output. [-generate] Generate a prime number. [-bits num] Generate a prime with num bits. [-safe] When used with -generate, generates a "safe" prime. If the number generated is n, then check that (n-1)/2 is also prime. [-checks num] Perform the checks num times to see that the generated number is prime. The default is 20. COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2017 The OpenSSL Project Authors. All Rights Reserved. Licensed under the OpenSSL license (the "License"). You may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You can obtain a copy in the file LICENSE in the source distribution or at <https://www.openssl.org/source/license.html>. 1.1.1a 2018-12-18 PRIME(1SSL)