Whoami error

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Whoami error
# 1  
Old 02-24-2014
Whoami error

when I type whoami i get an error saying ksh not found.. how do I exit from ksh script and make it work ..
# 2  
Old 02-24-2014
It's not clear what you mean "when I type whoami I" or "exit from ksh script"
Code:
[josephgr@oc0887178221 swlr]$ whoami
josephgr
[josephgr@oc0887178221 swlr]$ type whoami
whoami is hashed (/usr/bin/whoami
[josephgr@oc0887178221 swlr]$ rpm -qf /usr/bin/whoami
coreutils-8.4-31.el6.x86_64

Insure coreutils is installed.
# 3  
Old 02-24-2014
How about the possiblity that it is telling you whoami not found?

What results with who am i?

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Print Error in Console and both Error & Output in Log file - UNIX

I am writing a shell script with 2 run time arguments. During the execution if i got any error, then it needs to redirected to a error file and in console. Also both error and output to be redirected to a log file. But i am facing the below error. #! /bin/sh errExit () { errMsg=`cat... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarathy_a35
1 Replies

2. AIX

Capture whoami log on a specific command

// AIX 6.1 TL8 Please advise on how to capture whoami log or the user and time info into a log file (i.e. /tmp/cmdcapture.log) whenever users are executing a certain command(s) so that I can keep the single log history (for all users) of who did what. The command(s) I need to monitor are a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
3 Replies

3. Solaris

Rpcinfo: can't contact portmapper: RPC: Authentication error; why = Failed (unspecified error)

I have two servers with a fresh install of Solaris 11, and having problems when doing rpcinfo between them. There is no firewall involved, so everything should theoretically be getting through. Does anyone have any ideas? I did a lot of Google searches, and haven't found a working solution yet. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: christr
2 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

sudo chown -R `whoami` /usr/local

I was following a tutorial on installing Homebrew and I changed the ownership of /usr/local/ to me. Now McAfee Security won't start This is the exact line I typed: sudo chown -R `whoami` /usr/local Then I tried to fix it with: sudo chown -R root /usr/local I still can't start mcafee. It say... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: chancho
7 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

> 5 ")syntax error: operand expected (error token is " error

im kinda new to shell scripting so i need some help i try to run this script and get the error code > 5 ")syntax error: operand expected (error token is " the code for the script is #!/bin/sh # # script to see if the given value is correct # # Define errors ER_AF=86 # Var is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: metal005
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

whoami export

how can I use whoami on a script for ordinary user? it always says command not found. pls help #!/bin/ksh W='whoami' DATE=`date "+%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S"` echo " $DATE- by $W" result 2011-03-29 09:46:16 - by you wil noticed the by is blank...pls help..but in root, it works (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding whoami

Hello I have a question about shell programming So I recently found out that someone is secretly accessing my files due to my mistake. Of course, now, I changed all the permission so people cannot access my file(s) anymore. However, I am a little bit mad about the fact and I'd like to find that... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chun02160
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

The "Whoami" command

Ladies, Gents, I am fairly new to this game but I am having trouble making the above command work. If I login as root and go to terminal session "whoami" works. If I login as admin open a terminal session and "su root" the "whoami" command comes up with " Not recognised". Any ideas? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: John Dobson
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

awk Shell Script error : "Syntax Error : `Split' unexpected

hi there i write one awk script file in shell programing the code is related to dd/mm/yy to month, day year format but i get an error please can anybody help me out in this problem ?????? i give my code here including error awk ` # date-month -- convert mm/dd/yy to month day,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Herry
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error: Internal system error: Unable to initialize standard output file

Hey guys, need some help. Running AIX Version 5.2 and one of our cron jobs is writing errors to a log file. Any ideas on the following error message. Error: Internal system error: Unable to initialize standard output file I'm guessing more info might be needed, so let me know. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: firkus
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question