How to reverse engineer directories

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers How to reverse engineer directories
# 1  
Old 07-20-2005
How to reverse engineer directories

Hi,

I need to reverse engineer certain directories so I can create the exact directory structure in another machine. How do I go about doing that?

Thanks in advance for your help.

JTrinh
# 2  
Old 07-21-2005
Why dont you use tar.

That will archive the whole directory. Transfer to the other machine and untar it. You will still retain the whole directory structure.

Vino

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbie hw engineer

Need a perl script that will extract component reference designators from a text file and write them to a new file. The refdes attribute will always follow the characters "REFDES=". So for the first line below I'd like to extract the reference designator R2402. A 2158 1882 12 2 2 3... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jeffs123456
5 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

How to become good UNIX engineer

Maybe my question is quite stupid , but how to become good UNIX engineer. What to read , how to practice ? What a good engineer must know to call himself engineer . :cool: (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
14 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Information on Network engineer and Unix Systems Engineer

Hi, I'm exploring a few different careers( Unix System's Admin, Network Engineer, and Unix System's Engineer). I asked in another thread about System's Admin, so I have some more info on that already. I'm not finding very much info on Network Engineers or Unix System Engineers though. Can you guys... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hpicracing
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

Customer support engineer

Hi All, I need the help to deploy or implement HP MC service guard 2 node cluster step by step procedure is any1 who can help me to send me the step by step procedure. Thanks and Regards Jahangir (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jahangir
12 Replies

5. Linux

Linux Network Engineer

Hi, I was wondering has anybodu completed the linux + Nework Engineer CompTIA Linux+ Certificate. Hows does it stand to the others, such as Red Hat certifications? Txs (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Breen
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

courses which will place me as a network engineer?

Hi, I'm a hardware er now. Can anyone say some courses which will place me as a Networking er. I'm doing my CCNA now. I've lot of interest in Networks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yuvasyntel
3 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question