Command to see 1.out to 39.out files in a command

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Command to see 1.out to 39.out files in a command
# 1  
Old 12-04-2009
Command to see 1.out to 39.out files in a command

Hi experts:

What command will list only 1.out to 39.out files in a sorted manner:

Like.
ls -l format with:

1.out
2.out
39.out

I am using this but it is very long:

Code:

ls -lrt  [0-9].out ; ls -lrt 1[0-9].out ; ls -lrt 2[0-9].out ; ls -lrt 3[0-9].out | sort -k 9

Thank you very much in advance.
# 2  
Old 12-04-2009
I'd say:
Code:
ls -l [1-9].out [1-3][0-9].out

You definitely have to loose the -rt for that, as that will reverse sort by time.
# 3  
Old 12-04-2009
hmmm, easiest I think would be
Code:
ls -l *.out |sort -nk9

Last edited by jstrangfeld; 12-04-2009 at 04:47 PM..
# 4  
Old 12-04-2009
Thanks guys.
Very well. How to assign points.
# 5  
Old 12-04-2009
hi
hope this works
Code:
ls *.out | sort -n

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Vlookup on 2 files - inserting vlookup command on another command

Hello, i am trying to print group name column(etc/group) on script (etc/passwd) since group name is not listed on etc/passwd columns. Im trying to do a vlookup. but i cant figure out how i can insert the vlookup command FNR==NR inside the print out command or the output. I also tried exporting... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joonisio
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Short command to create two files >{respo,nd}.php (with "tee" command?)

08:29 < xsi> >{respo,nd}.php bash: {respo,nd}.php: ambiguous redirect 08:31 < geirha> xsi: maybe you want tee So I was advised to do so. And I can't create two OR MORE files at once with {a,b,c,d,e,f}.php (which I quickly now need to create and to learn to create in the future to quickly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xcislav
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Command to remove existing files in the tar files in Solaris 10

Hi, I am using solaris 10 OS.Please help me out with the commands needed in below two scenarios. 1)How to delete the existing files in the tar file. suppose i have a main tarfile named application.tar and it contains a file called ingres.tar. what is the command to remove ingres.tar... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single command - unzip files from a tar command

I have a tar file that contains multiple .Z files. Hence I need to issue a tar command followed by a gzip command to fully extract the files. How do I do it in a single command? What I'm doing now is tar xvf a.tar (this will output 1.Z and 2.Z) gzip -d *.Z (to extract 1.Z and 2.Z) (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ericlim
9 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

passing command output from one command to the next command in cshell

HI Guys, I hope you are well. I am trying to write a script that gets executed every time i open a shell (cshell). I have two questions about that 1) I need to enter these commands $ echo $DISPLAY $ setenv $DISPLAY output_of_echo_$display_command How can i write a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaaliakahn
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move same files and issue ls -al command on remaining files

I know I can use an ls -l junk1 command to get a listing of all files in the directory junk1, but I was wondering how I'd go about going through the files in junk1 in a for-in loop and issuing the ls -l command on them one by one. This is what I have so far: for file in $(ls -a $1) do ls... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Trinimini
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help! command working ok when executed in command line, but fails when run inside a script!

Hi everyone, when executing this command in unix: echo "WM7 Fatal Alerts:", $(cat query1.txt) > a.csvIt works fine, but running this command in a shell script gives an error saying that there's a syntax error. here is content of my script: tdbsrvr$ vi hc.sh "hc.sh" 22 lines, 509... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: 4dirk1
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apply 'awk' to all files in a directory or individual files from a command line

Hi All, I am using the awk command to replace ',' by '\t' (tabs) in a csv file. I would like to apply this to all .csv files in a directory and create .txt files with the tabs. How would I do this in a script? I have the following script called "csvtabs": awk 'BEGIN { FS... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ScKaSx
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

command for recently modified files - "find" command not working

I have three files a.txt , b.txt , c.txt in a directory called my_dir1 .These files were created before two or three months . I have a tar file called my_tar1.tar which contains three files a.txt , b.txt , d.txt . Somebody untarred the my_tar1.tar into my_dir1 directory. So existing two files were... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joe.mani
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting input files into multiple files through AWK command

Hi, I needs to split *.txt files from single directory depends on the some mutltiple input values. i have wrote the code like below for file in *.txt do grep -i -h "value1|value2" $file > $file; done. My requirment is more input values needs to be given in grep; let us say 50... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arund_01
3 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question