how to use reset_server (siebel server) cmd in shell script

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to use reset_server (siebel server) cmd in shell script
# 1  
Old 04-28-2011
how to use reset_server (siebel server) cmd in shell script

hello frnds,

im using a script to stop, reset and to start the siebel server..
i'm able to extract the enterprise name, siebel server name and siebel root path..

when i try to use these info in the script im unable to perform the reset_server -r <siebel root> -e <enterprise name> +-M <server name>

it throws me an error server name cannot be found

i have extracted the server name in a variable when i try to use that variable error is displayed..

PLZ HELP ME OUT Smilie
# 2  
Old 04-28-2011
Hi,

how can we help you debug a script you don't give ?
# 3  
Old 04-28-2011
Hi,

It is working now frnds anyways ill post the script

stop_server all
sleep 1800
cnt=0
while [ $cnt -lt 5 ]
do

sudo /usr/sbin/slibclean

done

reset_server -r $SIEBEL_ROOT -e $SIEBEL_ENTERPRISE $SIEBEL_SERVER

start_server all

---------- Post updated at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous update was at 07:38 PM ----------

my intention is to wait for half an hour before resetting the server

could you please optimize this part alone so that there is a very little memory and process consumption

and also i would like to extend it to 5 siebel servers...

expecting suggestions ....
# 4  
Old 10-06-2011
Siebel shell scripting

Hi All,

Can anyone pls tell me the most commonly used siebel shell commands and srvrmgr commands for admin tasks.

Waiting for reply.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Different behavior between bash shell and bash script for cmd

So I'm trying to pass certain json elements as env vars and use them later on in a script. Sample json: JSON='{ "Element1": "file-123456", "Element2": "Name, of, company written in, a very weird way", "Element3": "path/to/some/file.txt", }' (part of the) script: for s... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: da1
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to copy a file from one server to anther server and execute the binary

Hi , Is there any script to copy a files (weblogic bianary + silent.xml ) from one server (linux) to another servers and then execute the copy file. We want to copy a file on multiple servers and run the installation. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nawrajesh
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script to zip users cmd history log files

I admit I am terrible with scripting, so when I was asked to store users' command history lines and zip them on monthly basis what I did was to create a file "user_history_Feb" with the following contents: Part A # more user_history_Feb cp -p /var/log/user_history/*history... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: hedkandi
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use Unix shell script to open Windows command prompt (cmd)

Hello, I work on Windows and I use Putty to access a remote UNIX server. I am trying to build a shell script that will have as main task to open the Windows command prompt (cmd) and run some Windows commands thereafter. The commands are actually file transfer commands that will download a file... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: rookie2785
14 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To verify status of particular Component(Siebel Server srvrmgr)

Hi , I want to connect srver to pertuculat mode(i.e.srvrmanger)and after that I want to verify status of perticular component(i.e.CommOutboundMgr) For that I have created following script bout after 3rd line it is not executing 4th linei.e. list comp CommOutboundMgr. cd... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek1489
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run cmd from Server A on Server B

Hi, I need some help to improve the execution time for my script. Here is the case. i have one Test1 script on server 'A'. This script Test1 writes some cmd in file cmds.txt Now i am running running these cmd which is written in file cmds.txt on more than 5 different servers using ssh.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sumitsks
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

open terminal to run cmd using shell script

i want the shell script to open the terminal and in that terminal i want to run a command specified in the script... how can it be done... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandrabhushan
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

telnet shell script on red hat 9 cmd line only

i would like to make a shell script (red hat 9 cmd line only) to telnet to my local isp's webmail server on port 25 and send it commands such as helo :) help would be much appreciated, and i found no posts similar that answered my question... the closest i've gotten to an answer from about 8... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kypeswith
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to move a file from one server to another server using FTP in shell script?

I have a file --> file1.txt i need to copy this file to another server using FTP....the 2 servers are server1 and server2..may i know how to write a script that can do this? thanks in advance! Im a newbie to this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
4 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question