Program to test SSD

Top Forums Programming Program to test SSD
# 1  
Old 01-06-2012
Question Program to test SSD

Hi,

I want to use SSD as storage to replace hard disk in server(Linux system). Need some help how to code the pgm(C or C ++)to test the SSD functionality (eg: Badblocks ). As im new to this line. i dont have much experience. Any input from experts/pro much appreciated. thanks a lot. Smilie
# 2  
Old 01-07-2012
dd
bonnie++
# 3  
Old 01-07-2012
This functionality is internal to the drive and opaque to the operating system. You might be able to get some information via SMART protocol or by using a utility from the manufacturer. Neither need you to write your own code to do it...

Last edited by Corona688; 01-07-2012 at 06:12 PM..
# 4  
Old 01-11-2012
sorry guys.. i know im dumb ...
im asking how to write test methodology or testcase to test the SSD ?
eg: erase --> write pattern --> read --> random read --> random write
( how do we code in linux ?? )
# 5  
Old 01-11-2012
Start off by adding and initializing the ssd in your linux system...create a filesystem on it...then mount it and use the C system calls to read write lseek to it...
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

RAID 0 for SSD

Nowadays the fastest SSDs achieve read-speeds of between 1500 MB/s to 1900 MB/s. Let's say that two such SSDs in RAID 0 achieve roughly double the throughput, ie 3000 MB/s. That is only half an order of magnitude removed from RAM ((10)^(1/2) * 3000 = 10.000), very broadly speaking. So for the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
6 Replies

2. AIX

SSD with GPFS ?

Hi, does anyone here happen to know if I could run GLVM or GPFS on Solid State Disks? I have a high volume / high transaction Sybase HACMP cluster currently setup with SRDF to the DR datacentre. My business now considers to move everything to SSD storage but we still need to get the data to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zxmaus
0 Replies

3. Programming

Test program not giving expected result

I have five classes. 2 composition classes,1 aggregation class and 1 dependency class.I have coded all the classes but one of my test program is not giving me the expected result.I have the following classes: TimeStamp Interval (composition of 2 TimeStamps) TimeSheet ( aggregation of many... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moraks007
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition

How to check weather a string is like test* or test* ot *test* in if condition (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: johnjerome
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test on string containing spacewhile test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = quitC then break fi d

This is the code: while test 1 -eq 1 do read a $a if test $a = stop then break fi done I read a command on every loop an execute it. I check if the string equals the word stop to end the loop,but it say that I gave too many arguments to test. For example echo hello. Now the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Max89
1 Replies

6. Programming

In unix how we can test or check race condition in a c program by using multi threads

In unix how we can test or check race condition in any c program by using multi thread programming (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: afroze
1 Replies

7. Programming

In unix how we can test or check race condition in c program by using multi threads

In unix how we can test or check race condition in any c program by using multi thread programming (5 Replies)
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

In unix how we can test or check race condition in a c program by using multi threads

In unix how we can test or check race condition in any c program by using multi thread programming (1 Reply)
1 Replies

9. Linux

In unix how we can test or check race condition in c program by using multi threads

1 Replies

10. HP-UX

test program(dlopen) fails on hp but run well on solaris

Hi, I have a c test program which test dlopen call. This program run well on solaris but fails on hp-ux. The program load jvm library successfully on solaris. On hp-ux it displays error I compile this program as $cc -o testjvm testjvm.c What am I missing? I have tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shriashishpatil
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question