Zones are not booting

Operating Systems Solaris Zones are not booting
# 1  
Old 10-10-2013
Zones are not booting

Hi Can any on help me

Zones are not booting showing installed state

---------- Post updated at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:38 PM ----------

ave5ubab

---------- Post updated at 01:44 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:39 PM ----------

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuv
# 2  
Old 10-10-2013
Not sure if typo or post-bumping.

Anyway, that doesn't tell us much - What's the command that you're running? Are the zones new (recently created)? Were they working fine before? Was their configuration changed? Are there any errors on the zpools?

Post the output of zoneadm -z <zone> verify

Also, are you at least able to ready up the zones? (zoenadm -z <zone> ready)
# 3  
Old 10-10-2013
Please find the below output

Code:
cat /var/svc/log/system-zones:default.log
could not verify fs /SUNWdsee/scratch: could not access /dev/dsk/c4t133d0s2: No such file or directory 
could not verify fs /SUNWdsee/scratch: could not access /dev/dsk/c4t137d0s2: No such file or directory 
could not verify fs /SUNWdsee/scratch: could not access /dev/dsk/c4t142d0s2: No such file or directory 
could not verify fs /SUNWdsee/txlog: could not access /dev/dsk/c4t132d0s2: No such file or directory 
could not verify fs /SUNWdsee/txlog: could not access /dev/dsk/c4t136d0s2: No such file or directory 
could not verify fs /SUNWdsee/txlog: could not access /dev/dsk/c4t140d0s2: No such file or directory 
could not verify fs /SUNWdsee/logs: could not access /dev/dsk/c4t131d0s2: No such file or directory 
could not verify fs /SUNWdsee/logs: could not access /dev/dsk/c4t135d0s2: No such file or directory 
could not verify fs /SUNWdsee/logs: could not access /dev/dsk/c4t139d0s2: No such file or directory 
could not verify fs /SUNWdsee/db: could not access /dev/dsk/c4t130d0s2: No such file or directory 
could not verify fs /SUNWdsee/db: could not access /dev/dsk/c4t134d0s2: No such file or directory 
could not verify fs /SUNWdsee/db: could not access /dev/dsk/c4t138d0s2: No such file or directory

---------- Post updated at 01:59 PM ---------- Previous update was at 01:57 PM ----------

Code:
zoneadm -z ldp01p verify 
could not verify fs /SUNWdsee/scratch: could not access /dev/dsk/c4t133d0s2: No such file or directory

Last edited by Franklin52; 10-11-2013 at 02:56 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags
# 4  
Old 10-10-2013
That definitely looks like a storage issue.

Maybe the disk was disconnected (if it's a LUN), maybe it's just faulty or maybe it is wrongly configured.

Running fsck against the disk could also help or at least give you some pointers on the issue.

There could be a 100+ possible reasons why a disk is showing that error, depending on your infrastructure.

If it's an urgent issue and you have Oracle support I'd suggest you ask for their assistance. They'll most likely ask you to run Explorer and upload the output to their FTP servers.
# 5  
Old 10-10-2013
Thank you very much for your suggestion
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Zones

haven't work with zones in a while. when shutting down zones from solaris 10 I have to do it from the global zone, but can I just shutdown the global zone and all non global zones will shutdown or do I have to zoneadm -z zonename shutdown for all the non global zones ,then shutdown... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: goya
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Zones not booting after server reboot

Hello guys This is my first post. I have very little experience and I woud appreciate your input on this problem. I have a server running Solaris 10. In that server I have 2 zones that work perfectly fine, however, if I reboot the server, the zones don't boot and I have to do it manually. i... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: designbc
12 Replies

3. Solaris

zones

how can we know zone is migrate and which files going to update (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsusheelgoud
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Solaris Zones

Hi friends, Actually I faced problem in solaris zone. i was created 4 zones on my server. but one of them is not working ? so, where i wll get the error logs, and how to troubleshoot the problem. i have some kind of urgency. Please reply. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajaramrnb
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Zones

Hi Everyone, How to create a loopback filesystem in a running non golbalzone? and how to share a diskgroup in veritas ? Thanks & Regards Padmaja (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: padmaja
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Zones

Hi Everyone, I need the process of how to add a cpu to a non-global zone or how to add a resource to non-globalzone. Thanks & Regards Padmaja (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: padmaja
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Zones

Hi guys Im using VMware and ive installed solaris 10 in that..ive configured virtual disks in that n im using it..my question is if im gona configure zones in it do i need a seperate NIC card..my virtual interface name is pcn0 and if i create zones can i give pcn0:1 n allocate a seperate... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: madanmeer
1 Replies

8. Solaris

zones

Hi I need a help in creating a zones.I am trying to create zone in Sun fire T1000 server with single cpu / 8 gb Ram / 73 gb hdd.I am planning to install java based application on two different zones. iam planning to install solaris 10. Can some one suggest what is the best way to create two... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris8in
5 Replies

9. Solaris

zones

what are the files related to dns zones database file management ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tirupathi
1 Replies

10. Solaris

Zones

Hi, I want to wheather there is any command by using that we can reboot all the zones , Example : I have 10 zones, I can reboot all 10 zones by using one command (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question