creating thumbnails of images

Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users creating thumbnails of images
# 1  
Old 08-21-2007
creating thumbnails of images

Hi,
Is there any tool for Solaris (or Linux) to create thumbnails of .TIF/.pdf images? I heard of “Image Magick” but not much of info got to implement it. It must provide CLI tool so I can do for few millions of images by using scripting.

TIA
Prvn
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating a script to download images from multiple cameras using ghoto2

I should start by saying that I am totally new to linux... I am trying to create a script that downloads images from multiple cameras into a specific folder on my machine. Ideally renaming the images as they are downloaded. I have installed gphoto2 which as a command line interface that... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: benpems
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script to find/sort/move images/duplicate images from USB drive

Ultimately, I'm looking to create a script that allows me to plug in a usb drive with lots of jpegs on it & copy them over to a folder on my hard drive. So in the process of copying I am looking to hash check them, record dupes to a file, copy only 1 of the identical files (if it doesn't exsist... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JonaQuinn
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

View tiled photo thumbnails in command line

Is there a good way of showing around 4 pictures (fairly large thumbnails) at once on the command line, preferably tiled so that all of them are viewable. I tried using display but I'm not sure how to tile them. I'd also prefer if it was read only so that they cannot be altered in the viewer. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cue
1 Replies

4. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Creating disk images

I'm sure this is an easy one to answer - how do I turn a directory into a disk image of the sort that is mountable via mount -o loop? I've been playing with comressed ram disk images on floppies (dd if=/dev/fd0 of=disk1.img.gz; gzip -d disk1.img), and it seems that when i mount them and alter... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Karma
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
PODOFOIMG2PDF(1)						   podofoimg2pdf						  PODOFOIMG2PDF(1)

NAME
podofoimg2pdf - Convert images to PDF files SYNOPSIS
podofoimg2pdf [output.pdf] [-useimgsize] [image1 image2 image3 ...] DESCRIPTION
podofoimg2pdf is one of the command line tools from the PoDoFo library that provide several useful operations to work with PDF files. This tool will combine any number of images into a single PDF. This is useful for creating a document from scanned images. Large pages will be scaled to fit the page and images smaller than the defined page size will be centered. Supported image formats: JPEG PNG TIFF OPTIONS
-useimgsize Use the image size as page size instead of A4 SEE ALSO
podofobox(1), podofocountpages(1), podofocrop(1), podofoencrypt(1), podofoimgextract(1), podofoincrementalupdates(1), podofoimpose(1), pod- ofomerge(1), podofopages(1), podofopdfinfo(1), podofotxt2pdf(1), podofotxtextract(1), podofouncompress(1), podofoxmp(1) AUTHORS
PoDoFo is written by Dominik Seichter <domseichter@web.de> and others. This manual page was written by Oleksandr Moskalenko <malex@debian.org> for the Debian Project (but may be used by others). PoDoFo 2010-12-09 PODOFOIMG2PDF(1)