perl -V Can't locate Config.pm in @INC

Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users perl -V Can't locate Config.pm in @INC
# 1  
Old 11-02-2010
perl -V Can't locate Config.pm in @INC

Hi guys

I have an issue in my sum server . I have perl installed in my machine and when i enter perl -version i get the verson on perl 10.0 but when i enter perl -V i get an error message "perl -V Can't locate Config.pm in @INC"

I would appreciate if some one had faced this issue to share me the solution.

Thanks
Aleem
# 2  
Old 11-03-2010
Did you define an environment variable - PERL5LIB - that points to the location of all of the perl .pm files?
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to locate Perl

Hi, On my server : Linux mymac 2.6.32-431.23.3.el6.x86_64 #1 SMP Wed Jul 16 06:12:23 EDT 2014 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux I tried to load successfully the Perl module inside my Apache by adding the following in my httpd.conf LoadModule cgid_module modules/mod_cgid.so Restarted... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

.Config file in perl

Hi can anybody help me in how to read .config file in Perl, which module is used, and some help in coding. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
10 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

using perl config files

Hi, I have 2 perl SubRoutines (sub 1 and sub 2). I created two perl modules for these (Sub1.pm and Sub2.pm). How can I include these in a config file (say Config.cfg) and call the config file in my main script Rename.pl to use the 2 subroutines? Right now here are the content of Config.cfg... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: CCFP
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing config-file (perl)

Hi, i'm trying to parse a config file that have alot of rows similar to this one: Example value value value What i want to do is to split and save the row above in a hash, like this: Example = value value value Basically i want to split on the first whitespace after the first... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikemikemike
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

httpd.config entry for Perl

Hello, I am working on Java on one server. Now I want to run one Perl script on same server. But I am confused with httpd.config file entry. My perl cgi script is in cgi-bin directory Also I have entry for cgi scripting also, ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/home/devel/cgi-bin/" (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gentleDean
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl config parser

Hello. Can anybody help me with some sub on perl that can parse config like this: %CFG ( 'databases' => { 'db1' => 'db_11', 'db_12', 'db_13', 'db2' => 'db_21', 'db_22', 'db_23' } 'datafiles' => { 'datadir1' => 'datadir_11', 'datadir_12', 'datadir2' =>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: drack
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl config file Help

Hi In My config file i have 12.122.12.111:2000 A host and a port number. To read the config file i have written in a perl script like this my %config; open my $config, '<','config' or die "Failed to read file :$!"; Its running fine in HP-UX but showing error in solaris... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Harikrishna
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl config file Help

HI I have a config file (ip.config)that has the following fields with colon as delimeter. yahoo.com:1919 ( host and port number) rediffmail.com:2020 gmail.com:2121 How to read it in a perl script. I need to parse the host and port number in the perl script using split... (6 Replies)
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl config file Help

Hi can anyone help me understanding the following code my %config; open my $config, '<', 'config.txt' or die $!; while(<$config>) { chomp; (my $key, my @value) = split /=/, $_; $config{$key} = join '=', @value; } (5 Replies)
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Howto locate locally installed Perl module for a CGI script in APACHE .htaccess

Hi, I have the following simple CGI script, just containg header: #!/usr/bin/perl -w use CGI ':standard'; use lib "/home/myname/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5/"; use Mail::Sendmail; I also have included this directive in ~/public_html/.htaccess : SetEnv PERL5LIB... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: monkfan
0 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question