How to check the index file given in a package file?

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to check the index file given in a package file?
# 1  
Old 12-19-2017
How to check the index file given in a package file?

I have an index file.txt and it consists of pdf files. I have to check the file exist based on A(it follows 8 digits) or B (it follows 9 digits).Please help with Linux Shell Scripting. I had tried below code but it shows an error.

Code:
"91799489|K8E|188.004.A.917994892.1099R.c.01.pdf|2013|10/15/2014|002|B|C|C"

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Ignite-UX INDEX file messed up, how to recreate?

OK, so I just messed myself up. Thinking the /var/opt/ignite/data/INDEX files was static, I manually edited the file and added 2 more OS's to it. During an Install it only showed the first OS (started with 11.31, 3 versions then added a 11.23, and a 11.11 stanza's). The 11.23 and 11.11 never... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrmurdock
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

file index operation in loop

i have one file which contains data like the below DE_CODE|AXXANY|APP_NAME|TELCO|LOC|NY DE_CODE|AXXATX|APP_NAME|TELCO|LOC|TX DE_CODE|AXXABT|APP_NAME|TELCO|LOC|BT DE_CODE|AXXANJ|APP_NAME|TELCO|LOC|NJ DE_CODE|AXXANJwt|APP_NAME|TELCO|LOC|WT am going use a for loop or whole loop which will... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

check index of a string by finding a letter in it

i would like to search for a letter in a string and get its index position. example: name='john' pos=$(expr index $name o) the result will be equal to 2 (2nd position) how do you make this thing not case sensitive? example: name='john' pos=$(expr index $name O) the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kokoro
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

BASH - storing index value from another file

I'm trying to figure out a way to store the index value from a flat file. The flat file looks like this: A1,A2,A4,A6,B3,B6,B7,C1,C2,C5,C7,D2,D5,D7,E2,E3,E4,F1,F5,F6,G2,G5 What I'm trying to achieve is to grab individual index value so as to display it out in a 7x7 matrix with ROW and COL... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinzping
21 Replies

5. OS X (Apple)

Where are package contents stored for a file, or why aren't they visible w/o right clicking the file

I was wondering about the "Show Package Contents" option in OS X. I have a keynote file that I'm looking at. Exactly where are these contents or its directory stored, because they aren't visible in the Finder window, unless I obviously right click and choose to view them. And I don't think I can... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Before I delete any file in Unix, How can I check no open file handle is pointing to that file?

I know how to check if any file has a unix process using a file by looking at 'lsof <fullpath/filename>' command. I think using lsof is very expensive. Also to make it accurate we need to inlcude fullpath of the file. Is there another command that can tell if a file has a truely active... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
12 Replies

7. AIX

mkinstallp package creation failing "no such file: ./usr/lpp/<package name>/inst_root"

Hello, I'm trying to build a (bff) package from an already installed program (clam antivirus) using mkinstallp. However, mkinstallp fails with "no such file: ./usr/lpp/<package name>/inst_root" I'm not sure why all files get created ok except for these particular ones. Any help would be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonte
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Removing the index file

Hi Folks, Under the path /home, I need to remove the index.html/php files from all the users. But the thing is I need to move the index file from the username starting with a-d, then e-g. How can I do this via the shell script. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsiva
2 Replies

9. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

why the inode index of file system starts from 1 unlike array index(0)

why do inode indices starts from 1 unlike array indexes which starts from 0 its a question from "the design of unix operating system" of maurice j bach id be glad if i get to know the answer quickly :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sairamdevotee
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete record in file data with index in another file?

I want to deal with several data, i.e., data.*.txt with following structure MSG|20010102|123 125 4562 409|SEND MSG|20010102|120 230|SEND MSG|20010102|120 204 5071|SEND MSG|20010103|2 11 1098 9810|SEND ...... index file index.txt is 11 201 298 100 ...... What I want to do is: 1)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhynxn
0 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
PINOT-INDEX(1)							   User Commands						    PINOT-INDEX(1)

NAME
pinot-index - Index documents from the command-line SYNOPSIS
pinot-index [OPTIONS] --db DATABASE URLS DESCRIPTION
pinot-index - Index documents from the command-line OPTIONS
-b, --backend name of back-end to use (default xapian) -c, --check check whether the given URL is in the index -d, --db path to, or name of, index to use (mandatory) -h, --help display this help and exit -i, --index index the given URL -s, --showinfo show information about the document -v, --version output version information and exit Supported back-ends are : 'xapian' EXAMPLES
pinot-index --check --showinfo --backend xapian --db ~/.pinot/daemon ../Bozo.txt pinot-index --index --db PinotOnTheWeb http://code.google.com/p/pinot-search/ Indexing documents to My Web Pages or My Documents with pinot-index is not recommended REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to fabrice.colin@gmail.com This is free software. You may redistribute copies of it under the terms of the GNU General Public License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/old-licenses/gpl-2.0.html>. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. pinot-index - pinot 1.0 June 2012 PINOT-INDEX(1)