How to print PDF files on AIX 5.3?

Operating Systems AIX How to print PDF files on AIX 5.3?
# 1  
Old 12-13-2015
How to print PDF files on AIX 5.3?

Hello All,

How to print PDF files on AIX 5.3 and 6.1 because i tried adobe reader with no success, any help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you
# 2  
Old 12-13-2015
What did you try with adobe reader?
# 3  
Old 12-14-2015
Convert the pdf file to postscript using Ghostscript, and send the postscript file to a postscript printer.
# 4  
Old 12-28-2015
vbe, tried to print pdf after install Adobe reader.
Jgt, there is any other way because the Ghostscript not worked for me.

Thank you
# 5  
Old 12-28-2015
There is a IBM redbook you can read:

http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redbooks/pdfs/sg246018.pdf

Saying you tried to print a pdf after installing Acrobat reader is not much of a help...
# 6  
Old 12-28-2015
Code:
pdf2ps myfile.pdf myfile.ps

See 'man gs' for possible options.
# 7  
Old 01-01-2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by moudmm
there is any other way because the Ghostscript not worked for me.
What did not work? What did you try? What exactly was the errror?

Try determining the error with tightly closed eyes. This is about our position when you do not tell us what you see.

bakunin
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 10 print to pdf

Hi, Is it possible to setup printer on Solaris 10 that generates PDF file? We are using quite old solaris app and would like to generate files instead of printing to paper. Thanks in advance, Adam (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: adoxxyz
3 Replies

2. AIX

Print to Windows PDF printer from AIX

Hopefully this is the correct place to post this, if not please let me know. I am trying to find a way to print from AIX directly to a windows PDF printer. I don't really care if it is paid or freeware, I am just trying to get it to work. I did see a product called BullZip and I am going to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DerangedNick
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to create or convert to pdf files from csv files using shell script?

Hi, Can anyone help me how to convert a .csv file to a .pdf file using shell script Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ssk250
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting secured pdf files to pdf using acroread

Does anybody have idea of Converting secured pdf files to pdf using acroread ? ---------- Post updated at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:44 PM ---------- This file is not password protected. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Soham
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to print a PDF file in UNIX

on a PROGRESS environment, i create an invoice which at printing it must generate both the .dat for the invoice that was sent to the printer and the .dat for the PDF version. we have never printed PDF files in our lp printer until recently. i've done a bit of googling and it comes down to that i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pdf2ps
2 Replies

6. AIX

Russian fonts not displaying in AIX PDF files

Hi, We have an issue with russian cyrillic fonts that are not displayed correctly in pdf when application works in AIX . The same russian fonts are displayed properly in windows machine. There are spaces between russian characters and also cyrillic fonts are overlapping in AIX... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jinto
3 Replies

7. AIX

AIX converting PDF to PS

my app creates pdf and prints them on windows. I want to run the same app on AIX 5.2. I convert PDF to PS using acroread command. But some options of acroread like landscape etc do not work. I came to know from google that there is bug with acroread for AIX with landscape option. Can you suggest... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vinayakshukre
3 Replies

8. AIX

How convert PCL or PDF file to text in AIX

I need to conver a PCL or PDF file to text in AIX, and I donīt know how. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: 10789
0 Replies

9. AIX

Send email from unix (AIX) with PDF attachment

I am using the following command to send PDF attachment with a mail. uuencode <attachment.pdf> <attachment.pdf>|mailx -s <subject> <mail_id> < <Message_file.txt> This one send the message with attachment. I would like send PDF attachment with the mail Can any one help with this issue ? ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunjup
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to print multi page to one for pdf in unix??

I need help on printing PS and PDF file. I find it will waste a lot of paper if I print every pages. So I want to print multipage into one. But I forgot how to do it in unix. Anyone help me!!! :D ;) :p (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunartio
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question