Data Transfer programs in IPC Mechanisms??

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Data Transfer programs in IPC Mechanisms??
# 1  
Old 05-24-2005
Data Transfer programs in IPC Mechanisms??

I have no IPC Mechanisms program which includes data transfer on the same Linu machine. All mechanisms of IPC must be tested. If anyone have programs about it, could you send to me?? I am waiting your answers. please help me...!!!!
# 2  
Old 05-25-2005
There are lots of good books that discuss UNIX IPCs.

Which IPC are you interested in?
# 3  
Old 05-26-2005
IPC Mechanisms data transfer program

I want to see all IPC mechanisms data transfer program. if you have,please send me..and if there are any web sites or books,you can write their names..thank you..

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Data transfer in Linux

Please let me know which ports are used for data transfer, as per my understaning in Linux below ports are used for data transfer from windows to Linux. ftp 21 sftp 22 (Most secure Port) telnet 23 any other port? wheather we can change the port no 22 to any other port no for a... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Are there any IPC mechanisms in cygwin?

I wonder are there any IPC mechanisms in cygwin? such as shared memory, semaphores , message queues and piping? Thanks Jack (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucky7456969
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Data transfer to excel

i have two excel sheets with cpu uasge and memory usage in the follwing format: sheet 1: 22,33 sheet 2: 55,66 i need to display in the below format: servername cpu mem ser1 22 33 ser2 55 66 am using UNIX os. can anyone help me... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunmanas
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Data Transfer

We have a data on the disk that was copied from HP N4000 running HPUX 11.11 and it was created with vxfs version 4. We need to transfer this data to Sun server, how might this be done? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kjons76
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Please recommend some data recovery programs.

This is a unlacky day! I deleted some data in my server by mistake. Please recommend me some data recovery programes. I don't want to carry the big thing to a company of data service. Thanks very much to my friends (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rona
6 Replies

6. Programming

IPC Mechanisms

Hi! I wanted to know the advantages / disadvantages of different IPC mechanims such as sockets, pipes (unnamed) , shared memory & message queues. Pipes for example i hear are fast , but are difficult to debug as compared to sockets. Can you guys please name some situations where one is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: _korg
4 Replies

7. Solaris

errors on Netra-440: "IPC Warning: ipc: tcp_protocol: bad magic number"

I was asked to look into a problem with a Sun Netra 440 in another department. On the server in question, the relevant 'uname -a' information is, "SunOS host1 5.9 Generic_118558-16 sun4u sparc SUNW,Netra-440". That information aside, while the other admin is logged into the ALOM, these errors are... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Borealis
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Are programs like sys_open( ) ,sys_read( ) et al examples of system level programs ?

Are the programs written on schedulers ,thread library , process management, memory management, et al called systems programs ? How are they different from the programs that implement functions like open() , printf() , scanf() , read() .. they have a prefix sys_open, sys_close, sys_read etc , right... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishwamitra
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Transfer data from one file to another

Hi, I'm relatively new to shell scripting, Ive worked on a few basic scripts and used most of the unix commands in the simplest of situations. But I am now faced with a task that's seems to be beyond me. I have a file with some data in the form of rows and columns : 123 4536 abcd4 677 bbb... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: inquisitive101
1 Replies

10. SCO

data transfer from serial port

dear sir, pls. can you help me ? , my os is unix sco 5.0.4 and ,server dat derive (1,4gb) not working, now i want to transfer my server data in other machine (unix/other possible) by serial port/other port comminication. thanks pankaj raval (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajbraval
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question