Unable to Create spot from mksysb

Operating Systems AIX Unable to Create spot from mksysb
# 1  
Old 07-10-2012
[SOLVED] Unable to Create spot from mksysb

Hello All,
Kindly need help in my problem i.e. I get this error when i create spot from mksysb.

Code:
#0042-001 nim: processing error encountered on "master":
   0042-001 m_mkspot: processing error encountered on "master":
   0042-175 c_mkspot: An unexpected result was returned by the "/usr/sbin/restbyname" command:
restore: 0511-126 Cannot open /nim/lpp_source/mksysb_ODSUAT/usr/sys/inst.images/bos: A parameter must be a directory.
Mount volume 1 on /nim/lpp_source/mksysb_ODSUAT/usr/sys/inst.images/bos.
        Press the Enter key to continue.

Thanks in Advance.

(Info: File space is adequate.)

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment edit by bakunin: Please use code tags next time for your code and data.

Last edited by bakunin; 07-14-2012 at 11:27 PM..
# 2  
Old 07-10-2012
You may look at the following links ..

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg1IY54236
http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=14832075

You may try:

Increase the size of the filesystem holding SPOT directory by say 50 GB , try spot creation again
Else, see if the mksysb image is corrupted by running this command : restore -Tqvf <mksysbfilename>
# 3  
Old 07-14-2012
Solved.

Incase someone faces such issue.
Make sure you use the mksysb object name while creating spot, Not the Path of the mksysb. (in the install image field while creating Spot)

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment edit by bakunin: changed thread title to "solved". Thanks for writing a follow-up with the solution.

Last edited by bakunin; 07-14-2012 at 11:29 PM..
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Can I use mkdvd to create bootable DVD from mksysb on tape

Hi, Is it possible to use mkdvd to create a bootable DVD using a mksysb on tape as the source image? On the system concerned, we don't have enough free space to create the mksysb to file first, so would like to use the existing tape mksysb backup. The DVD disk/s will then be used to boot a... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alanp36
4 Replies

2. AIX

Using mkdvd to create bootable mksysb on dvd reports success but nothing on dvd?

Hello, Running AIX 7.1 7100-00-03-1115, trying to make a mksysb image to a dvd drive using mkdvd. My final command looks like this.. mkdvd -e -V rootvg -R -C /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/cd_fs -I /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/cd_images -M /usr1/AIXADMIN/mkcd/mksysbimage -d /dev/cd0 -Y When i run this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: c3rb3rus
3 Replies

3. AIX

Unable to create a SPOT

Hi everyone! Ok so I'm trying for the first time to install AIX on a LPAR with NIM. The NIM: root@oaexpnimp01(/home/root) # oslevel -s 6100-08-02-1316 I'm trying to install AIX 6.1 TL1. I successfully created a new lpp source root@oaexpnimp01(/home/root) # lsnim -l AIX61_TL1_2... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: trivium012
10 Replies

4. AIX

Creating NIM SPOT using an existing mksysb from cliet

Hi, i backed up a test LPAR using mksyb utility on AIX. and transferred it to NIM server via NFS. I want to create a SPOT using this mksysb . Please explain me the procedure. And got something online, but that procedure is different. Please respond. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies

5. AIX

mksysb, lpp_source and SPOT version matching

Hi all, I'm trying to understand the requirements for AIX version matching between a SPOT, LPP_SOURCE and my mksysb images. I have a NIM server installed, and I've used it to install new LPARs both from the LPP_SOURCE and from mksysb files. These were based off 7100-00-01. Recently I created... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SamuraiMark
1 Replies

6. AIX

how to create a package from mksysb via nim ?

Hello, I need to install "bos.adt.libm 5.3.0.0" on a server (AIX5.3 power 5). How to install it from a nim mksysb of an another partition ? Thank you (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: astjen
3 Replies

7. AIX

Create DR server using mksysb

Hello all, I am familiar with Redhat and have had some experience with AIX, however I have been give system custodian of several AIX servers. My first task is to create a DR solution for a remote off site server to a local server. I have done some comparisons and it seems the new DR server... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: pobman
6 Replies

8. AIX

How do I create a bootable mksysb image file

I have several systems which require software maintenance several times a year. After the software maintenance, it is required that we make two system tapes for DR purposes. The creation of these system tapes takes anywhere from 1-1.5 hours because of the performance of the tape drives. What I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: acascianelli
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to create alias

I am using Solaris 9 machine. I am unable to create any aliases. I gave the following command: alias ls='ls -ltr' It did nt give any errors. But next time, I use ls, it is working simply as ls but not like ls -ltr. I am not having admin permissions. Is it the reason. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mumashankar
3 Replies

10. Solaris

unable to create flar

Hello friend, Now i'm doing JDS3.1 in v440 servers.while checking the lustatus command getiing out like this lustatus Boot Environment Is Active Active Can Copy Name Complete Now On Reboot Delete Status -------------------------- --------... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rjay.com
0 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question