my process is going to sleep mode after 12 hours but i need my process in in firsy pr

Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users my process is going to sleep mode after 12 hours but i need my process in in firsy pr
# 1  
Old 09-05-2006
CPU & Memory my process goes to sleep mode after 12 hours but i need my processfirst priority

hi all

I process is sleeping after 12 hours but i need to be run this to 24 hours but it goes in sleep mode after 12 hours what should i do to make process always running.Kindly give me suggestion.

Last edited by mukesh_rakesh1; 09-05-2006 at 03:53 AM.. Reason: heading was not good
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Process remians in Running state causing other similar process to sleep and results to system hang

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveeng
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Process remians in Running state causing other similar process to sleep and results to system hang

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

3. BSD

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stop and start a process every X hours

Hi, I have a parallelized Mathematica program that spans across 8 MathKernels processes running at 100% and one MathKernel (highlighted in blue) running at < 10% that controls the other 8. They look like this on the cluster: https://www.unix.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5111&stc=1&d=1381245618... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: giovform
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture the running process for 2 hours

Hi, How can i capture the running process for 2 hours. Thanks in advance.:b: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarathkumar
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sleep process not sleeping!

I had a script executing every hour to kill a process. I used loop rather than cron to execute it periodically. But now when I am trying to kill that sleep process of 1 hour its not getting killed. it is taking a new PID everytime I kill. To disable the script commenting is the only option... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nixhead
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Process getting terminated after sleep iterations

Hello All, I have a script which has a functionality to sleep for 300 seconds after it does some processing, so in the logs if i check after the 3 iteration of sleep it didn't write saying "sleeping for 300 seconds". I suspect putty would automatically terminate session as i cannot access it any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ariean
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process Time in hours or minutes only

Hi i want to print the time of a process in hours only..(or) in minutes only.Is there anyway to print the process such like that when i give the commnand like following #ps -eo pid,time PID TIME 412 01:49:32 481 00:03 it shows in HH:MM:SS format: Could anyone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srikanthg
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting not showing in process when it goes to sleep

Hi All, Here is my script: sleep_time=`echo "9.6 * $num_servers"|bc| cut -d. -f1` if ; then sleep_time=3600;fi ### Allow the compare script to kick in after 1 hour at the least logger "Sleeping for $sleep_time seconds ...Will call compare.sh thereon" $act_log sleep $sleep_time #sleep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ntgobinath
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to start a process and make it sleep for 5 mins and then kill that process

how to start a process and make it sleep for 5 mins and then kill that process (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrao
6 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
leave(1)						      General Commands Manual							  leave(1)

NAME
leave - remind you when you have to leave SYNOPSIS
[hhmm] DESCRIPTION
The command waits until the specified time, then reminds you to leave. You are reminded 5 minutes and 1 minute before the actual time, at the time, and every minute thereafter. When you log off, exits. The time of day is in the form hhmm, where hh is a time in hours (which can range from 0 through 11 or 0 through 24 hours), and mm is the number of minutes after the specified hour. If the value of hh is greater than 11 (24-hour clock time), the specified value is reduced by 12 to a new value in the range of 0 through 11, thus ensuring that the alarm time is always set to activate within the next 12 hours. For example, if hhmm is 1350 and the current time is 4:00 PM (1600), the 1350 value is changed to 150 and the alarm is set for 1:50 AM, nine hours and 50 minutes later. On the other hand, if it is 9:00 AM and hhmm is specified as 2200 (10:00 PM), the value used is converted to 1000 and the alarm is set for one hour later instead of 13 hours as specified. If no argument is provided, prompts with A reply of newline causes to exit; otherwise the reply is assumed to be a time. This form is suitable for inclusion in a or file. The command ignores interrupts, quits, and terminate signals. To get rid of it you should either log off or use giving its process ID. EXAMPLES
The command sends an alarm (a beep) to your terminal to remind you that you have to leave at 12:04 and reminds you that you are late at one minute intervals after 12:04. WARNINGS
The command checks to see if a user has logged out by checking the file every 100 seconds. If a user logs out and logs back in to the same tty before makes its periodic check, may not know that the user has logged out. AUTHOR
was developed by the University of California, Berkeley. FILES
SEE ALSO
calendar(1). leave(1)