Stopped (tty output)

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Stopped (tty output)
# 1  
Old 09-14-2005
Stopped (tty output)

What is mean by "Stopped (tty output)", how can i get rid of it.
# 2  
Old 09-14-2005
For ANSI-compliant terminals ctrl/s stops terminal output. ctrl/q restarts it.

But I'm not at all sure that's what your problem is. What OS?
# 3  
Old 09-14-2005
That looks like the message ksh gives when a background process attempts I/O.
# 4  
Old 09-15-2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perderabo
That looks like the message ksh gives when a background process attempts I/O.
Ditto bash and tcsh.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

While true loop stopped

Hello Team, In my shell script, it stopped without killing it. Could you please help why ? Below is the code : get_dpi44_currentFiles() { truncate --size 0 $dpi_44_fixed_currentFileList if ssh $dpi_srvr_44 -p 2222 "ls $dpi_44_sourceFilesDir/fixed | grep '\.tgz$'" >... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sadique.manzar
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python: Redirecting to tty and reading from tty

In bash, you can do something like this: #!/bin/bash echo -n "What is your name? " > /dev/tty read thename < /dev/tty How can I do the same in python? I have a python script that has the following content: #!/usr/bin/python2.7 import getpass import sys import telnetlib import... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux csh script going to Suspended (tty output) when running with & (bg)

i have strange behavior i have csh file that run java process something like this : run_server.csh #!/usr/bin/tcsh java -Dtest=testparam -cp ${TEST}/lib/device.jar:${TEST}/conf:${TEST}/lib/commons-logging-1.1.1.jar com.device.server when i run it like this :... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simply question about capturing output to /dev/tty

Suppose another person wrote the following one-line shell script: echo $RANDOM > /dev/tty QUESTION #1: How can the random number, which is output to the terminal by this script, be captured in a variable? QUESTION #2: How can this be done in a cron job? Specific code, whether in ksh or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Paul R
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Scripts stopped in the shell

Hi, I've been wondering about this for a while and I just don't know where to start looking. Some of my scripts always get stopped when I start them with $ script.plx &in the shell (bash, on Debian lenny, logged in via ssh from a Mac OS machine using Terminal.app). After a few seconds I keep... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mregine
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab to output sar stopped automatically

We have created a crontab to output the sar result as below: 0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * * * /usr/lib/sa/sa1 However, the sar output was being truncated off, meaning, rather than capturing the output in an interval of 5 minutes, it stopped at certain hour and will not be resumed. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: penangite
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

stopped processes

When I try to exit a session, the message 'there are stopped processes' appears and I can not log out? Solution, please? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: operag
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

TTY colors are screwing up my output

I have been trying to get the output of an ssh session pushed to file... the problem is that there are colors in the output, and when I view the file the colors show up as "^[00m" or other such various nonsense The weird part is that if I do this all manually, I have no problems, but if I try to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjinno
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

who truncates the output? redirection? tty? Bug?

Hi, Output of running berkeley ps is truncated to 80 chars when using redirections. $ /usr/ucb/ps -e 12490|cat #truncated to 80 chars PID TT S TIME COMMAND 12490 pts/24 S 0:00 sleep 4000 aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa getting longer lines is done by changing the stty $... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: fredy
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Server stopped pinging (in and out)

hi All my Redhat Linux server stopped responding to pings all together. and am also not able to ping out of the box. There are however no issues with internet connectivity and my application is working fine. When I tried to ping another machine (Win98) i could see the pings coming from my... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: skotapal
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question