Retrieve old file in Solaris 10

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Retrieve old file in Solaris 10
# 1  
Old 05-27-2010
Retrieve old file in Solaris 10

Hello guys,

I mistakely updated a file on Solaris 10. Any idea on how can I get the older version of file(File before being updated) back?

Note: I do not have root access & have logged in as a user on the system.

Thanks in advance,

-Nithin.
# 2  
Old 05-27-2010
I am afraid, a file already updated can't be reverted back to the original one. However, you might want to speak to the SA to find out if there is any logging mechanism that is enabled to keep track of the changes made to a file.
# 3  
Old 06-03-2010
hey did u get any solution to reterieve the old file, if yes plz tell.
thanks in advance
# 4  
Old 06-04-2010
Hello,
No, we did not get any solution for this problem.

Thanks,
Nithin.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep: Retrieve two strings from one file to find them anyone on line in another file

I am having trouble matching *two* strings from one file anywhere in a line of a second file, and could use some help getting this figured out. My preference would be to use grep for this because I would like to take advantage of its -A option. The latter is due to the fact that I would like both... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jvoot
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris commands to retrieve chipset information

I need to know what are the commands in Solaris to retrieve the below information about the hardware platform. 1. Chipset information (information about various hardware controller cards on the mother boards, system BIOS versions, PCI firmware version etc..) 2. Serial number of the work... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajujayanthy
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Hot to retrieve *.sql file names which we refer in .sh file.

Hi Guys, How to retrieve/get *.sql file names which we refer in all *.sh files. Can any one help me on this. Thanks, Kolipaka (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lakshmanrk811
3 Replies

4. Solaris

Retrieve deleted file

hi there, Is there any way to retrive the deleted files from solaris, we are using solaris 10 and the file seems delete when it is opened. I search over by Google but no good result... tnx :-) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dagigg
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

retrieve the file.

How will retrieve for a particular months file in UNIX say for example from January to February 2008. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajesh08
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to retrieve base name of the file

I have a file name stored in a variable. A=/bb/data/f233pdb How can I retrive the base name (f233pdb) and the path (/bb/data/) and assign them to two new variables, so the result will look like this B=f233pdb C=/bb/data/ Thansk a lot for any help -A (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

retrieve value from a file

hi i have a cfg file,it contains lpdma520.dev.ipc.us.aexp.com=SUBMCORE.REQUEST.FT lpdma521.dev.ipc.us.aexp.com=SUBMCORE.REQUEST.FTREQ lpdma522.dev.ipc.us.aexp.com=SUBMITSECUREFILEFLOW i am retrieving the values using the function RetrieveCfgvalue() { CFG_VALUE=`grep "$2="... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: satish@123
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Retrieve data from a file

Hello guys I want to retrieve two data from a file, like this: bash-2.03$ cat numtest 123456 123457 bash-2.03$ more ./test_num #!/bin/bash num1= num2= cnt=1 while read x do num${cnt}=$x cnt=$(($cnt+1)) done <$1 echo $num1 "\n" $num2 But when i executed this script, error... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tpltp
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to retrieve a particular character from a file?

hi, how to retrieve a particular character from a file? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: singalla
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

retrieve timestamp associated with a file

Hi All, I am involved in a Datawarehousing project where my data files(ASCII text) are loaded on a Unix directory. When I do a Ls -l in Unix prompt i get a file listing along with the timestamp when these files were created/put on the server. I need to retrieve the timestamp associated with each... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 2nilotpal
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question