Please identify "unexpected end of file" bug

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Please identify "unexpected end of file" bug
# 1  
Old 12-28-2014
Please identify "unexpected end of file" bug

This is a script I got off the web for transferring Safari's "reading list" to the Pocket app. I ran it in terminal with the command bash exportsafarireadinglist.sh and got syntax error: unexpected end of file. Thanks for any help! The code:

Code:
 #!/bin/bash
    # Script to export Safari's reading list into a text file, then import this into Pocket or Evernote (or any service with a "email in content" feature).

# First take all of Safari's Reading List items and place them in a text file.
    /usr/bin/plutil -convert xml1 -o - ~/Library/Safari/Bookmarks.plist | grep -E  -o '<string>http[s]{0,1}://.*</string>' | grep -v icloud | sed -E 's/<\/{0,1}string>//g' > readinglistlinksfromsafari.txt

# Now loop over each of those URls within that text file and add them to pocket.
    while IFS= read -r line
    do
        echo $line
    /usr/sbin/sendmail -i -f myemail@gmail.com add@getpocket.com <<END
    Subject: $line
    To: add@getpocket.com

$line
    END
    done < readinglistlinksfromsafari.txt

# 2  
Old 12-28-2014
Here maybe:-

Maybe should read:-

EDIT:
Also here:-
/usr/bin/plutil -convert xml1 -o - ~/Library/Safari/Bookmarks.plist.........

Maybe this:-
/usr/bin/plutil -convert xml1 -o ~/Library/Safari/Bookmarks.plist..........

man plutil...

Last edited by wisecracker; 12-28-2014 at 06:03 PM.. Reason: See above...
# 3  
Old 12-28-2014
This:
Code:
    END

Must be at the line start, without any leading spaces.

Like:
Code:
END

Also, END (or EOF, or FOE, or whatever) may not have any trailing spaces either.

hth
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - Print an ascii file using specific font "Latin Modern Mono 12" "regular" "9"

Hello. System : opensuse leap 42.3 I have a bash script that build a text file. I would like the last command doing : print_cmd -o page-left=43 -o page-right=22 -o page-top=28 -o page-bottom=43 -o font=LatinModernMono12:regular:9 some_file.txt where : print_cmd ::= some printing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jcdole
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error: "Syntax error; unexpected end of file"

Hello all, I am running a script to generate a report and mail it to an email address. When I am trying to validate whether the file is a 0 kb file, I am getting the below error. Error: "Syntax error; unexpected end of file" Any suggestions please? Code: #!/bin/sh .... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pradeep_Raj
1 Replies

3. BSD

Keep getting error "-bash: ./.profile_z2: line 52: syntax error: unexpected end of file"

#!/bin/bash #-------------------------------------------------------- # Setup prompt # Author Zeeshan Mirza # Data: 06-08-2017 #-------------------------------------------------------- if then . ./.profile_custom_pre fi umask 022 set -o vi export EDITOR=vi export VISUAL=vi... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: getzeeshan
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error"syntax error at line 15: `end of file' unexpected"

While i m running below code, it is giving me the error"syntax error at line 15: `end of file' unexpected". Pls let me know what is wrong here..i tried many ways, but no luck dbSID="SWQE" usrname="apps" password="Wrgthrk3" count=0 while do sqlplus $usrname/$password@$dbSID... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with FTP Script which is causing "syntax error: unexpected end of file" Error

Hi All, Please hav a look at the below peice of script and let me know if there are any syntax errors. i found that the below peice of Script is causing issue. when i use SFTP its working fine, but there is a demand to use FTP only. please find below code and explain if anything is wrong... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahi_mayu069
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with error "syntax error: unexpected end of file"

Hi Techies, can anyone please debug the following Script and let me know what is going wrong here. im getting the following error #!/usr/bin/bash # ############################################################################################## # # Variables # #... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahi_mayu069
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

"Unexpected end of file" on a very simple script!!!

Well, this is a very crazy issue, and I'm scratching my head to find a solution. This is a simple code to tranfer a file, in my main script I need to add a conditional statement (IF/THEN) like the below example: #!/bin/bash if ; then ftp -inv "192.168.1.10" << EOFTP user... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lord Spectre
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"unexpected end of file"

%%%%% (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: lucasvs
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk command to replace ";" with "|" and ""|" at diferent places in line of file

Hi, I have line in input file as below: 3G_CENTRAL;INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL;SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL My expected output for line in the file must be : "1-Radon1-cMOC_deg"|"LDIndex"|"3G_CENTRAL|INDONESIA_(M)_TELKOMSEL"|LAST|"SPECIAL_WORLD_GRP_7_FA_2_TELKOMSEL" Can someone... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shis100
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

"unexpected end of file" when Iīm use EOF inside block if

I have a trouble in my script when i use EOF inside block if. If i use EOF whitout block if I donīt have problem. Guys any ideas? Sorry for my terrible English. #!/bin/sh set -xv HOST='ftp.fiction.com.br' USER='fictionuser' PASS='fictionpass' FILE='ftpteste.txt' busca=`find... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ricardo.ludwig
4 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question