HP-UX Shutdown unexpectedly functional program terminated

Operating Systems HP-UX HP-UX Shutdown unexpectedly functional program terminated
# 1  
Old 03-31-2011

: HP-UX error exa_parm mismatch? We are running HP-UX ver. 9.0.1 also running some OCP software along with Licensed dongle. Every three to four hour (some time it will last up to 24 hour) the OCP software shutdown unexpectedly
Error look like this Smilie
Fatal: HP-UX error exa_parm mismatch
eis_sig_cought:software terminate signal=15
sys_range=80,range=80.00,
pt=(0.00,0.00)
Err:gsh_svd:color server present pixel start=2,stop=175,length=174,9898
svd open_display:xscreen=0
237:sot=0, r=255, g=255, b=255
237:set=0, r=150, g=150, b=180

any help?
# 2  
Old 03-31-2011
Maybe knowing what we are dealing with could help:
What type of box: Workstation or server - series 9000/700 or 800?

How much disk space do you have (bdf output)
what about the swap ( swapinfo ...)
But remember 9.01 is old... (1992 ? ).
You would have give a bit more explanation to obtain some help if any, it looks to be more software issue...
# 3  
Old 03-31-2011
I have been away from HP-UX for about 4 years now. I doubt that I will be able to help, but I wonder what OCP means?
# 4  
Old 04-03-2011

Thanks for your reply; I was in search for long time
@Perderabo
OCP (Operational control program) proprietary software for air defense. It is designed to run only on HP-UX system
@ VBE

1, Type of box: Workstation and server (No longer problem with server) we are using 700 I series 745is the authentic model

2, bdf output
File system ...........Kbytes ...Used ......Avail ....Capacity Mounted ..Swap
/dev/dsk/c201d6s0 852023 ...230620.. 536200 ....30% ......./ ........10000

3, yes as you said, the system is very old and we have no other option to upgrade with it OCP will not allow to run any other platform
4, Swap partition 100 MB do you recommend to increase it?
And I want to have a clear picture if it is related to HP-UX then I have to resolve it,
# 5  
Old 04-03-2011
Not sure if your problem is related to this but I've had seen HPUX servers shutdown on their own regularly during a spell of hot weather when the temperature went up, servers started going down on their own. Or maybe your HP server is facing the back of a rack of other servers that are blowing out hot air to it. Go walk around the datacenter and see if it feels warm.
# 6  
Old 04-04-2011
@Sparcguy

Yes , I have checked everything all the servers and workstation having required space also we are maintaining server room temperature below “15 C” I don’t think this could be the problem .
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get list of all functional ids in Solaris?

Hi, I wanted to check which all functional ids have been set up to be used as sftp functional ids? Where can I find this data in solaris machine? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sidnow
1 Replies

2. HP-UX

oracle session is not terminated on HP-UX

In our HP-UX B.11.11 U 9000/800 PA-RISC 64bits server, the oracle session is not terminated using JDBC after closing the session, we close the java.sql.Statement java.sql.Result and java.sql.Connection on app. In others servers (GNU/Linux debian), the sessions are ending without problems, using... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: miguecg
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Machine shutdown unexpectedly

Hi One of our Linux box got shutdown unexpectedly . I have noticed that 4 out of 8 nic ports were not blinking . I m not sure where to search logs . Any help would be appreciated. Please find the var/log/message Is it a case of power failure as nothing specific is getting logged(Just a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinga123
7 Replies

4. Solaris

Restricting access to functional database account through unix

Hi, At present there is a functional database account which can be accessed when logging in through a unix server. At present it can be accessed through from any UNIX account on this server. Is there any way of restricting it so it can only be accessed through a functional unix account but only... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: runnerpaul
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to force Oracle database shutdown when shutdown immediate does not work

I have Oracle 9i R2 on AIX 5.2. My Database is running in shared server mode (MTS). Sometimes when I shutdown the database it shutsdown cleanly in 4-5 mints and sometimes it takes good 15-20 minutes and then I get some ora-600 errors and only way to shutdown is by opening another session and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixhp
7 Replies

6. Solaris

/dev/rmt is empty - Trying to make Tape Drive Functional

I have an HP Proliant DL380 with Intel Processors that I recently loaded Solaris 10 with latest patches on it. I'm trying to do a ufsdump to an HP DAT 40 tape drive via SCSI, but I can't get it to do anything because /dev/rmt is empty. I've tried the following with luck: touch /reconfigure,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cvaughn
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search pattern not terminated

Hi, What am i missing on line 16, when I run this I get Search pattern not terminated at count-scr.pl line 16 #!perl open(my $log, ">log-subnet.txt") or die "Could not open log: $!\n"; ##### Step 1, read subnetsopen(my $in, "<names.txt") or die "Could not open names.txt: $!\n";while(<$in>)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Error in Solaris installation over WAN(unix: Could not start init) Program terminated

I am trying to install Solaris 10 on a target machine which is t1000. ( sun4v). I have configured my jumpstart server to install solaris over WAN. when i boot my machine, the wanboot image gets downloaded properly, miniroot gets downloaded properly, but after that the process fails with the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hemalsid
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

command terminated abnormally

I am getting an Error Message as ============================= starting Sortcl Merging And Aggregation time: command terminated abnormally. ============================= , when running a sortcl command.sortcl is a command for sorting large data,using cosort application installed in... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tkbharani
0 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question