Insert Header Name

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Insert Header Name
# 1  
Old 06-11-2009
Insert Header Name in CSV

Can anyone help.
I have sql to CSV showing header with ALIAS names but I want to generate CSV file with user friendly name i.e from AIAN8 to Adress Book Number etc.
SELECT AIAN8 || , || F0101.ABALPH || , || AICO ||

showing following below in CSV output intead of above

Address NumberCustomer Name Company

thanks
Akbar

Last edited by s1a2m3; 06-11-2009 at 05:19 PM..
# 2  
Old 06-11-2009
change the alias names of the column to whatever name you want and run the query
# 3  
Old 06-11-2009
I also would like to go with Vidyadhar85 if I understand your question properly...

Thanks - Kripa.
# 4  
Old 06-11-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1a2m3
Can anyone help.
I have sql to CSV showing header with ALIAS names but I want to generate CSV file with user friendly name i.e from AIAN8 to Adress Book Number etc.
SELECT AIAN8 || , || F0101.ABALPH || , || AICO ||

showing following below in CSV output intead of above

Address NumberCustomer Name Company

thanks
Akbar
post your full query that might help
# 5  
Old 06-12-2009
full sql statement

@@\.login_JDEDB.sql
set echo off
set verify off
set feed off term off
prompt ********************************************************
prompt Todays Date
prompt ********************************************************
prompt This SQL runs every Monday prompt ********************************************************
set feedback on
set echo off head off feed off veri off trimspool on
spool /home/oracle/log/Weekly_BlueGrassCrdHld.csv
set heading on;
set linesize 200;
SELECT AIAN8 || ',' || F0101.ABALPH || ',' || AICO || ',' || AIHOLD || ',' || AIARC || ',' || AIACL || ',' || AITRAR || ',' || F0014.PNPTD || ',' || AIBADT || ',' || F0101.ABAN81
FROM PRODDTA.F0014, PRODDTA.F0101, PRODDTA.F03012
WHERE F0101.ABAN8 = AIAN8 AND F0014.PNPTC = AITRAR AND ((AICO='00271') AND (AIHOLD>'1'));
spool off
exit

What I am getting with above sql is CSV file with Header as shown within pipes || ||. I need to chage those to user friendly names like Adress Book etc.

Thanks for you help.

Akbar
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find header in a text file and prepend it to all lines until another header is found

I've been struggling with this one for quite a while and cannot seem to find a solution for this find/replace scenario. Perhaps I'm getting rusty. I have a file that contains a number of metrics (exactly 3 fields per line) from a few appliances that are collected in parallel. To identify the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: verdepollo
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to insert header with underline?

How to insert header with underline AM able to insert only header not underline sed '1i NAME COUNTRY' test.txt input file UK 1234 USA 2354 AUS 2253 IND 4256 Output file NAME COUNTRY_CODE ---- ------------ UK 1234 USA 2354 AUS 2253 IND 4256 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kalia
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert date/time header at top of file

I'm trying to take mrt output and put it at the top of a file along with the date and time. I was able to do it at the bottom of the file with the following printf "********** $(date) **********\n\n" >> $OUTPUT_PATH/$HOSTNAME mtr -r -w -c 10 $HOSTADDRESS >> $OUTPUT_PATH/$HOSTNAME printf... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kramer65
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Insert a header record (tab delimited) in multiple files

Hi Forum. I'm struggling to find a solution for the following issue. I have multiple files a1.txt, a2.txt, a3.txt, etc. and I would like to insert a tab-delimited header record at the beginning of each of the files. This is my code so far but it's not working as expected. for i in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merge all csv files in one folder considering only 1 header row and ignoring header of all others

Friends, I need help with the following in UNIX. Merge all csv files in one folder considering only 1 header row and ignoring header of all other files. FYI - All files are in same format and contains same headers. Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shiny_Roy
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Renaming all header to specific header pattern

Input #HAC0253 EFVHIJHIJEFVTHIJOPKOPKTEFVEFVEFVOPKHIJOPKOPKHIJTTEFVEFVTEFV #BASFS12 EFVEFVHIJEFVEFVTOPKEFVOPKTHIJTTHIJOPK #ACG5115 TEFVEFVOIJEFVHIJHIJOPKOPKHIJHIJTTEFVEFVOPKTTEFVEFVOPKHIJOPKOPKOPK #ECG5114 IJTOPKHIJEFVOEFVEFVOPKTTEFVEFVOPKHIJOPKOPKOPK . . Output (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: patrick87
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

insert a header in a huge data file without using an intermediate file

I have a file with data extracted, and need to insert a header with a constant string, say: H|PayerDataExtract if i use sed, i have to redirect the output to a seperate file like sed ' sed commands' ExtractDataFile.dat > ExtractDataFileWithHeader.dat the same is true for awk and... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepaktanna
10 Replies

8. Linux

Reading the header of a tar file(posix header)

say i have these many file in a directory named exam. 1)/exam/newfolder/link.txt. 2)/exam/newfolder1/ and i create a tar say exam.tar well the problem is, when i read the tar file i dont find any metadata about the directories,as you cannot create a tar containig empty directories. on the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanvirk
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

insert header row into .xls

Hello, I am building an .xls file extracting info from a DB to be eventually emailed. All is good except how do I put in a header row.. like date, name of report etc. before the columns with the actual column name and data? Thanks for any assistance.. the below is after I have signed into... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tish
11 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question