Add a bundle to a lpp_source

Operating Systems AIX Add a bundle to a lpp_source
# 1  
Old 02-09-2012
Add a bundle to a lpp_source

Hi.

I forgot a bundle (X11.dt) in the lpp_source (base OS AIX 7.1). The bundle is now in the CD drive, I need to add it permanently in the lpp_source. What do I have to do ?

- copy (where ?) bundle on my NIM server (how to determine what files to copy to have all elements of the bundle ?) ?
- then ?

Tks
# 2  
Old 02-09-2012
You need to use "smitty nim" like this.
Code:
smitty nim -->
Perform NIM Administration Tasks -->
Manage Resources -->
Perform Operations on Resources -->
<your lpp_source> -->
update  = add or remove software to or from an lpp_source -->
add -->
/dev/cd0 <path to your cd drive> -->
In "SOFTWARE Packages to Add"  put X11.dt or push Esc-4 to search for it and select it.
Push enter a few times and it should save it to your lpp_source
Once it is in your LPP Source you don't need the disk loaded anymore.

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Update vs. install media, and LPP_SOURCE naming

Hello all, Relative AIX novice here: I'm trying to clarify the naming of AIX install vs. update media, and how best to name my lpp_sources on my NIM server. An example: I have two sets of DVDs from IBM (ordered via Entitled Software Support) sitting in front of me for 7100-03-04. One set... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dmark
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete duplicates in CA bundle

I do have a big CA bundle certificate file and each time if i get request to add new certificate to the existing bundle i need to make sure it is not present already. How i can validate the duplicates. The alignment of the certificate within the bundle seems to be different. Example: Cert 1... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: diva_thilak
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help for Perl module bundle.

I have a file of lot of perl modules in tar.gz format. They all have dependency on each other for installation. Can anybody guide me for making a bundle so that I can run it in one go and install all the modules. Please note that I can't use CPAN as we don't have Internet connectivity on our... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nixhead
3 Replies

4. AIX

mksysb, lpp_source and SPOT version matching

Hi all, I'm trying to understand the requirements for AIX version matching between a SPOT, LPP_SOURCE and my mksysb images. I have a NIM server installed, and I've used it to install new LPARs both from the LPP_SOURCE and from mksysb files. These were based off 7100-00-01. Recently I created... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SamuraiMark
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

Install sequence in a bundle

Hi all. I'm wondering if there's a install sequence in a HPUX bundle? I'm trying to put many depots together into 1 single bundle, and use HPUX ignite to install this bundle. But I have to make sure one of the depot is last installed. I feel that if there're many different packages in a bundle,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: baibinghere
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

zip files in bundle

Hi, Below is the scneario a.txt b.txt c.txt ....... i have written a script to zip these files & the output after executing script is a.txt.zip b.txt.zip c.txt.zip but i dnt want to zip each individual files it has to done in bundle. EX:A zip folder has to be created ,lets say... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagadeeshn04
2 Replies

7. AIX

HELP: Howto update an lpp_source in NIM

I'm SO confused about the question of whether I can or cannot update an lpp_source with a bunch of patches. Someone I know who I think knows a lot about AIX and NIM says I should never do this. But I'm looking at the Redbook "NIM from A to Z in AIX 5L", which seems to describe exactly how to do it,... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: tgphelps
10 Replies

8. Solaris

smpatch and recommended bundle

Hello, I am working on patching several systems and have begun working with smpatch as a possibly quicker way to accomplish patching. I have some observations that trouble me. The "smpatch analyze" only shows a small number of patches for a system (yes the registration is complete with a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: justme3
0 Replies

9. HP-UX

installation of many patches / bundle

Hi, I need to install these 7 patches on my server: and the below are the 5 dependency to install these patches 1. PHNE_31097; 1(a). PHCO_33205 (dependency) b(a). PHCO_30398 (dependency) 2. PHSS_32508; 3. PHSS_32509; 4. PHSS_32510; 5. PHSS_30970; 6. PHSS_32731; 6(a). PHNE_28810... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vipsinghal
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

please can any one help me bundle several files into one

#!/bin/sh #call function from loop filevalidate() { case $# in 0) echo "usage enshar file1 file2 ... > outputfile ! " >/deb/sterr ;; *) for filename do if ; then echo "invalid pathname > try bin " $filename >/dev/stderr exit 1 fi if ; then echo "is a directory!"... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: swissnez
5 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question