what exactly the condition means..
# 2  
Old 12-07-2009
What's this?

Where this config from ?
# 3  
Old 12-07-2009
its some xml condition...
can you plz explain what exactly the condition says ?
# 4  
Old 12-07-2009
Sorry,I don't know. I hope someone will help you.Good luck to you.
# 5  
Old 12-08-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by mail2sant
<condition name="IRGCOND" value="^(\b241\b)|(\bODD\b)$">
XML is a very, very flexible language, so you can't say without more information.

But we can deduce a little. It's a "content" tag with two attributes, "name" and "value", which each have values in quotes. No doubt, the value of "value" is being assigned to the named name.

This value looks like a regular expression: ^(\b241\b)|(\bODD\b)$, but regular expressions vary a little from application to application. This one probably matches an entire line from beginning (^) to end ($) that contains either of the things separated by the pipe, |.

The \b probably means a word boundary, which is peculiar since there aren't any wildcards.
# 6  
Old 12-08-2009
hello all it tries to do is match the condition tag containing attribute name and value to something
basically all I feel is when the client enters some value its like hash value ( aka name/value pair)
and the xml is doing some kind of validation on the server side(probably)
so its using the regular expressions to validate the name and value pairs.
probably it wants the name=RGCOND
and value = ^(\b241\b)|(\bODD\b)$
the value can range from anything whatever the server or the server administrator wants.
So the value matches the range of values specified by the regular expression given above.
that is the condition.
Hope this helps.
regards.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

(VS 2008) New build config looking files from other folder build config

Hi Team, My new build configuration always looking for the files from the build where i copied from. please help me to resolve this. I am using Visual studio 2008.It has Qt 4.8. plugins,qml,C++ development I created new debug_new build configuration with additional preprocessor from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SA_Palani
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

Apache virtual host config vs global config problem

Hi folks, I am trying to configure Apache webserver and also a virtual host inside this webserver. For Global server config: /var/www/html/index.html For virtual host config: /var/www/virtual/index.html Both client10 & www10 are pointing to 192.168.122.10 IP address. BUT, MY... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: freebird8z
1 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Doubt

hi ,, i am new for this.. i want to know abt linux os.. which version is best for it industry.. please suggest me..:cool: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: c vignesh kumar
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs 1)actual config file 2)report

Hi I am new to shell scripting. There is a requirement to write a shell script to meet follwing needs.Prompt reply shall be highly appreciated. script that will compare two config files and produce 2 outputs - actual config file and a report indicating changes made. OS :Susi linux ver 10.3. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: muraliinfy04
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing config file to create new config files

Hi, I want to use a config file as the base file and parse over the values of country and city parameters in the config file and generate separate config files as explained below. I will be using the config file as mentioned below: (config.txt) country:a,b city:1,2 type:b1... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: clazzic
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Doubt

How would i create virtual interface in linux to configure more than one IP address for a physical interface? any help wll be appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: salil2012
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

One doubt

Hi, Can i use the shell script like this? When i am running the script it is hanging not giving me any output. I can redirect the output and then i can do the manipulations also but why this one is wrong. I am confused we can do like this or not.. #!/usr/bin/ksh for line in `top` do... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question