Kate : Text Editor Terminal Blank

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Kate : Text Editor Terminal Blank
# 1  
Old 11-10-2008
Kate : Text Editor Terminal Blank

Hi i have just installed ubuntu and it didnt have kate installed so i installed that but when i open it and click on the terminal it is blank and just a grey colour so i can't type anything in

When i had kubuntu it was fine i could type things in the terminal etc

Anyone know how i can fix this?

# 2  
Old 11-10-2008
I think it uses the konsole terminal application. Make sure you have it installed.

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print Terminal Output Exactly how it Appears in the Terminal to a New Text File

Hello All, I have a text file containing output from a command that contains lots of escape/control characters that when viewed using vi or view, looks like jibberish. But when viewed using the cat command the output is formatted properly. Is there any way to take the output from the cat... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrm5102
7 Replies

2. Solaris

VI Editor issue "E558: Terminal entry not found in terminfo"

When trying to open a document with VI editor, getting the following error.. E558: Terminal entry not found in terminfo 'vt100' not known. Available builtin terminals are: builtin_gui builtin_riscos builtin_amiga builtin_beos-ansi builtin_ansi builtin_pcansi ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikram3.r
8 Replies

3. Programming

Text editor in C

Hi, I want to create a text editor in C on Unix. Can any1 jus tell me how to start with n wat all I have to look into if I have to write an editor.. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: julie_s
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Terminal too wide error in vi editor.

Hello, I get the error "Terminal too wide" when I use vi editor on a Solaris 10 box. Please help. bash-2.05$ vi rman_backup_prd571.log_20090611 Terminal too wide :q 1 more file to edit:q Regards, Mahive. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mahive
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pasting text in VI editor from a different editor

Hi, I knw its a silly question, but am a newbie to 'vi' editor. I'm forced to use this, hence kindly help me with this question. How can i paste a chunk 'copied from' a different editor(gedit) in 'vi editor'? As i see, p & P options does work only within 'vi'. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: harishmitty
10 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text editor

I currently use konsole fo rmy terminal use. when i go into vi and type the letter t the stupied thing highlights the letter brown and it messes my thing up. Whereever i type the letter t it highlights in brown. Is there some way to change it. I dont know how this problem start. RH 8 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ASpin
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pico text editor

I was wondering if there is any way to get a version of pico for windows. I have done a lot of programming work on Linux/UNIX exvironments for school, and I enjoy using pico for my programming needs, but I find all of the text editors in windows horrible, they distort my code and do not adhere to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: popac
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Text editor on Sun OS 3.0

I trying to setup a netranger security box. I don't know unix and went to view a filein the text editor. What is command to exit text editor. I tried esc q and ctrl q. HELP!!! STUCK IN TEXT EDITOR :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: malic
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

VI or text editor

Before I learned how wonderfull VI and Unix was. I used a little crappy DOS editor. I wouldn't go back to it for anything. However I work with a lot of formatted files that use the column position. I wonder if any here knows of a way to make VI display the cursors coulmn position or if there is a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Chrisg411
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question