APPDIR=C:\Program Files\Cogny\cert
PUBSDIR=C:\Program Files\Cognoy\cert\documentation
TOURDIR=C:\Program Files\Cognoy\cert\tour
DATADIR=C:\Program Files\Cognoy\cert\data

Now I use the grep command in a shell script:-
x=`grep DATADIR /f/g/resp_cde.ats`

The value of x is printed as APPDIR=C:\Program Files\Cogny

But I want the entire path i.e. APPDIR=C:\Program Files\Cogny\cert

I have tried a lot of options but none is working.

Can anyone please help me out?

Vikas
# 2  
Old 03-31-2009
I have executed the same script and it's working for me.
I do not see any issues with it. Check for whitespeace in the file.
# 3  
Old 03-31-2009
Have u tried echo "$x" within the same script...???

You can also try with paths such as:-
APPDIR=C:\Program Files\Cogny\bce

In this case because of \b the output will be shown as:-
APPDIR=C:\Program Files\Cognce

But
APPDIR=C:\Program Files\wsr

works fine with the above grep command.

Can you please check these options once again please....
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

problems with lpadmin usage

the problem i encountered is that lpadmin when encounters a failure doesn't cleanup properly .so the next time i use the same printer name it doesn't allow me to do so .saying interface directory can't be created .what can be done to solve this out ?please help .. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulpatro
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep/awk usage

Hi everybody, i know this question is common on the forum and i've searched for my answer but haven't quite found it. I'm trying to extract some values from a number of log files which look like this: Peak Power Consumption: 0.20777 Watts Observed Average Power: 0.1414794247 Watts The... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: aKiiY
9 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

grep usage help?

Use and complete the template provided. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: I have to find all the files where the function sequentialInsert is called and the directory is ~cs252/Assignments/commandsAsst/project 2.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jennkat
2 Replies

4. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep command usage

what is the grep command to get the second occurence of pattern in a file or how to do with sed ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: santosh1234
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Grep usage

my file contains xxabced.p dlksfad; dflsdkjflkds flksdjflkdioewf erfsdlkfjsdla; dlkfjsd;lfkj msgdadf.p dslk kdjflksdjfl;asdfasdfjkljl fdsf;jd ppuskldf.p i want the output is xxabced.p msgdadf.p ppuskldf.p Can any one give the command? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingganesh04
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep Usage

Hello, I am trying to use grep to locate multiple uses of the same word in the same line. The word has to be 3+ char, upper or lower or both. I tried this code <code> grep \({3,}\)*\1 i* </code> and i turned out zero results. Any ideas? ____________________________________________... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Omega1589
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep usage help

Hello, I have a list in .txt format of email addresses and I need to extract just a specific domain ... The list format is like: "123456";"user@domain.com";"email";"john";"name" "123457";"user2@domain.com";"email";"john";"name" "123458";"user3@domain.com";"email";"john";"name"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: holyearth
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

grep usage

grep can filter the text which want to display, but if I want it do not show the text specific in grep, how to do? thk a lot! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zp523444
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question