istat ??

Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users istat ??
# 1  
Old 08-31-2007
istat ??

I got the command :
istat filename

shows all the file details like owner and group name.

But
i want to know, who has accessed the file last time.
As istat shows the name of owner of that file and name of the group.

istat does lots of my work but i want to know who has accessed my file last time as there could be 'n' no. of users of that file in a group.
And there is a point that the person who is accessing or recently accessed the file could not be the owner of that file.

I am working on AIX5.0.

Hope you got this !!
Please help me, ASAP !!

Thnaks !!
# 2  
Old 09-01-2007
filesystems don't keep track of who last accessed a file.

Since I'm not an AIX person, as a guess try:
try man wtmp on your system.
# 3  
Old 09-03-2007
Sorry !!

As you said to have a look on man wtmp, its not there in AIX.
Any other solution ??
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

CENTOS - istat

Hi, I am using CENTOS and for now, I am not able to install or to configure the istat command on Linux. So, is there a way to do the same that the shell is doing below, but not using istat command? I would appreciate any help on it. #!/bin/sh HOUR=0 MONTHN=0 if then : else ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: brjohnsmith
10 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

reformat date from istat

I would like to determine if a file is older than a particular date. I found that istat will let me see the date and time of a file older than a year, but I need to change the format. Could anyone help me reformat the following date to a variable (a one liner would be great). Output from istat -... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: oldman2
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

istat ??

I got the command : istat filename shows all the file details like owner and group name. But i want to know, who has accessed the file last time. As istat shows the name of owner of that file and name of the group. istat does lots of my work but i want to know who has accessed my file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: varungupta
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

HP LC2000 has message: istat=0a: LSS_PAR on ha=1 sist0=41

I have a HP Netserver 2000 running SCO UNIX 5.0.6. I get the message: istat=0a: LSS_PAR on ha=1 sist0=41 sist1=00 !!!! dstat =81 on ha=1 has DS_OPC while WAIT DISCONNECT, rp=c014f8co dsp=FD on path=1, newdsp=FD064600 WARNING: Parity Error MSG OUT=00000006 Failed, 1code=80000002 on ha=1 id... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dmksh
0 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question