Problem running texmacs

Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Problem running texmacs
# 1  
Old 02-25-2014
Problem running texmacs

I have installed texmacs. I can load the program but only as root. I had installed it locally before and added the locaton to PATH. I think it is picking up the old PATH even if I removed it from my .cshrc

---------- Post updated at 11:44 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:37 AM ----------

This is what PATH is giving me

Code:
echo "$PATH"
.:/library/bin:/home/chrisd/GMT4.5.7/bin:/fsi/third_party/torque/prod/bin:/usr/local/bin:.:/library/bin:/home/chrisd/GMT4.5.7/bin:/usr/lib64/qt-3.3/bin:/usr/kerberos/sbin:/usr/kerberos/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/NX/bin:/usr/local/bin:/library/appl/su/41/bin:/library/appl/DELPHI/4/bin:/library/mpi/lam-7.1.2.mm_none/bin:/fsi/kismet/bin:/usr/NX/bin:/usr/local/bin

# 2  
Old 02-28-2014
How do you run it from the command line?
What error message?
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

Problem with running lint

This is a strange problem that I can't figure out - I run lint on my C programs to weed out unused variables. The output can be quite large, so I use sed to cut out just unused variables section. The typical command looks like this: lint -I /usr/local/include -I./include -m hn.c As my... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: migurus
3 Replies

2. Programming

Problem running a makefile

I have written this makefile and am getting an error saying make nfd gfortran -O -Wall -fbacktrace -fno-align-commons -c -o fd.o fd.f fd.f:49: Error: Can't open included file 'fd.par' make: *** Error 1 The directory structure is as follows . ├── library │ ├── fd │ │ ├──... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem running executable with ./

Hey all, I'm trying to execute a program and despite it appearing to be there, I keep getting this: -bash: ./aisdispatcher: No such file or directoryTo run it, I'm going into the directory where it is stored and running ./aisdispatcher...the result of which should just be a listing of options... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmd006
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

problem running script

hey, i'm trying to run several processes due 2 loops : the code is: cd ${TIBCO_HOME}/tra/domain/${DOMAIN}/application/ for app_name in ls * do echo $app_name if && && ; then exit else echo $app_name cd $app_name pwd for ps_name in ls *.sh do echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ohadr
2 Replies

5. HP-UX

Problem in mozilla running.

hi to all, I am installed mozilla on hp-ux machine. That was after installing the software, i just do, the gunzip to that depot file, then untar it. after what i have to do. b'coz i am new to hp-ux. i don't know which script i have to run. thanks & regards, Balaraju. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: balarajum
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in Running Script

Hi friends, i have written one small script named as "size.sh"..... while running its giving syntax error at line no 2: 'str=$' unexpected. How to run this file ??? please help me. file content is : ----------------------------- #!/bin/sh str=$( df -k | grep /usr/local)... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: samfrance
14 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question