How to connect UNIX to Telecom System

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to connect UNIX to Telecom System
# 1  
Old 07-29-2006
Question How to connect UNIX to Telecom System

Dear All,

I'm new in unix and I want to know how we connect unix to other system device (exp. Telecom device) and how to get data from that device (real time data), any script for that??
Maybe any one have knowladge about this ..
thank you

Best Regards,

Heru
# 2  
Old 07-29-2006
Depends on the telco device and how it is set up. Older telco equipment transmits data through serial ports, so you'd need a terminal server like a xyplex to send the data stream through the network (unless you physically attach a laptop/workstation to the telco device). Newer telco devices have TCP/IP data streams that can be used to collect data.

Once the data stream is up, you can use the tee command to grab whatever output the telco device is transmitting
# 3  
Old 07-29-2006
MySQL thank's

Thank you for your help,
maybe you know where I can search tutorial about that??
Smilie
# 4  
Old 07-30-2006
I don't know where there's a tutorial specifically for it, but it is basically like connecting a terminal to the serial console. You may want to look at a manual for any terminal server, which you will need if you want to make the data from the telco device. We use IR-8000's from MRV.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Migrating jobs from COBOL Mainframe system to UNIX system

In a nutshell requirement is to migrate the system from mainframe environment to UNIX environment (MF cobol would be used I guess). I have not much of idea in this field. I need to do some investigation on following points - - Ease of conversion - Known Data compatibility issue - Issue in... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tjsureboy4me
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix System Programmer Vs. Unix System Administrator

Hi friends, I hope you are all fine and doing well. First of all, let me say that I love Unix with passion. But I have one query in my mind that is bothering me. What should I do, Unix System Administration or Unix System Programmering. Could you please tell me the difference between the two. And... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gabam
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connect to remote database from solaris system

Hi, i need to connect to a oracle database available in a remote PC (reachable from the host solaris server). I have added the tnsnames of that remote DB in to the tnsnames.ora file of the host solaris server. Am able to ping that IP. How do i connect to that DB for running sql... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: aemunathan
11 Replies

4. AIX

How to connect PC's USB port to pSeries system?

Hello AIX Group Members, I have two systems: (1) IBM pSeries 640, 7026-B80. (2) A 5-month old HP laptop with Windows Vista. It has no serial port and only has USB ports on it. My question are: How can I use the laptop as the p640's terminal? How can I make the connection? What type of cable... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixlover
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to connect to IE from Unix

I am currently logging onto Unix server using eTrust tool. From there I would like to open IE with a specific address. How do I do it? Thanks, Ghanshyam. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ghanshyam
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

connect to as-400 system

it's possible connect to as-400 system to extract file from server and calculate the data (parse the file)???? if possible , how make the operation ??? how shell language /type i use ??? tanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZINGARO
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to connect laptop to Unix system via Parallel port

Hi, I have been using a computer to keep track of inventory for my business. I am pretty sure it runs on Unix. In the back of the computer there is some sort of PCI card that has about 8 RJ-11 ports on it. I use that card to connect the Unix system to my 3 VT-220 terminals. I use a simple 6... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: john202
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question