Does command for reading from memory exist?

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Does command for reading from memory exist?
# 1  
Old 01-02-2009
Does command for reading from memory exist?

Does exist in unix any command which could read data from any memory address or port and return result on screen?
# 2  
Old 01-02-2009
You want to be able to key in any address and then see what's stored?

Or run something called a memory dump?
# 3  
Old 01-03-2009
The first. I want to get the data stored in any memory address, for example from screen buffer e.t.c. It is easy to do with C++ or Pascal, but is it possible with bash script?

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command when there exist many files

I want to run find and wondering if it struggles when there are many files. I have tried and does not seem to complain. Is this correct? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
8 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

Does there exist a UNIX command to prevent docs' versions from uncontrolled erasing on logging in?

So far nobody on ASC, nor anywhere was able to respond to my issue and Google wasn't much of help either. I started to experience the issue some time ago: my OS is Lion 10.7.5. It occurs in all apps that have the function of versioning (iWork which I have updated up to v9.2, namely, Pages 4.2,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: scrutinizerix
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading command options one by one

Hi, Just some questions on the script below...? Given: bash-2.03$ command -a option1 name1 name2 ParseOptions() { local Len=${#@} local Ctr=2 #always start at 2 local Name=() local Iter=0 while ; do if <- Is this correct? so I can get the $2... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: h0ujun
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Check the exist status of the cd command

Hi, As in scripting , some cd commands getting failed, so we do check the exist status as 0 or 1. But every time we call to function for it. But does any single line exist will do the job with || , && ? i.e ls -l Logs cd Logss | exit echo hias Logss is not exist , Before printing "hi" we... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: posix
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Reading from Command Like vmstat

I wanna to read the output of various commands like mpstat, vmstat, etc... but want to output this to a file with each line preceeded by a time stamp. I've played around with various loops, shell redirection, custom descriptors and etc.. but can't seem to get something to work. I did this years... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rhugga
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to find the Memory and CPU utilization using 'top' command

Hi all, I found like top command could be used to find the Memory and CPU utilization. But i want to know how to find the Memory and CPU utilization for a particular user using top command. Thanks in advance. Thanks, Ananthi.U (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananthi_ku
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

trying to use arp command... it doesnt exist

im trying to get an ARP readout using the command 'arp -a'... but the command doesnt exist in Fedora Core 6 - IPv6.... is there an equivalent command? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: HMSS013
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Reading From Shared Memory ..

Hello everybody .. Can anybody tell me about this problem .. i have a client will read from the user the name of a file and put it into a shared memory .. The problem is .. how can I let the server read this filename in the shared memory ? .. Thanks in advance .. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Khaled
1 Replies

9. Programming

mmap vs shared memory - which is faster for reading data between multiple process

Between mmap and shared memory which is the best method of sharing data between multiple applications, interms of speed? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nmds
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question