disable X Window from the startup

Operating Systems SCO disable X Window from the startup
# 1  
Old 09-07-2010
disable X Window from the startup

hi

Howto Disable Graphical Unix Interface (X windows) from the startup on SCO 5.0.6?
I'd like to start it just from the command line, if really needed.
This User Gave Thanks to ccc For This Post:
# 2  
Old 09-08-2010
To disable

Code:
#/etc/scologin disable

To start
Code:
#startx

These 3 Users Gave Thanks to jgt For This Post:
# 3  
Old 09-08-2010
Thx, it works well.
# 4  
Old 09-17-2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgt
To disable

Code:
#/etc/scologin disable

To start
Code:
#startx

can you be more specific please. Should we login maintain mode and run your commands from DOS based prompt?

Thank you
# 5  
Old 09-17-2010
The disable command can be run in single user or multi-user mode. The startx command must be used in multi-user mode.
This User Gave Thanks to jgt For This Post:
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Toggle between xterm window and standard terminal window

Is it possible to toggle back and forth between an xterm invoked from one tty, and a shell invoked from a different tty? I am running Centos 7 with KDE and booting in non-graphic mode. After logging in on the default window (/dev/tty1) , I can then use ALT-F2 to access a new window (/dev/tty2),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhgscty
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Apache tomcat startup script not booting at startup.

I copied the script from an AskUbuntu post - #!/bin/bash ### BEGIN INIT INFO # Provides: tomcat7 # Required-Start: $network # Required-Stop: $network # Default-Start: 2 3 4 5 # Default-Stop: 0 1 6 # Short-Description: Start/Stop Tomcat server ### END INIT INFO ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hijanoqu
14 Replies

3. Red Hat

SSL/TLS renegotiation DoS -how to disable? Is it advisable to disable?

Hi all Expertise, I have following issue to solve, SSL / TLS Renegotiation DoS (low) 222.225.12.13 Ease of Exploitation Moderate Port 443/tcp Family Miscellaneous Following is the problem description:------------------ Description The remote service encrypts traffic using TLS / SSL and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manalisharmabe
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to disable Enable/Disable Tab Key

Hi All, I have bash script, so what is sintax script in bash for Enable and Disable Tab Key. Thanks for your help.:( Thanks, Rico (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: carnegiex
1 Replies

5. Solaris

disable telnet on the startup

Hi All, I want to disable telnet on the startup of solaris 8-10 but still wants for a standby purposes. In case I need to troubleshoot ssh, I can connect thru telnet. Most solution on the internet is to permanently removed it. Best Regards, itik (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
5 Replies

6. HP-UX

X window can not startup

When the system shutdown and startup, the login window can not start normally and often display as character mode, I have uncomment the last line in the /etc/dt/config/Xservers file as the following, but the problem still unfix: * Local local@console /usr/bin/X11/X :0 another problem is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Frank2004
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Disable X window

I access my Sun box via ssh, and i dont need to x Window system at all, and everytime if i couldnt type user name and password fast enough its try to load the Java desktop, how can i disable X-Window login and make it stop at console login prompt ? thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: XP_2600
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to disable color text in xterm window

Hello, Anyone knows how to disable color text displayed on xterm window screen? I hate that color making me hard to read when front and background color are similar. Thanks, M. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: modemer
1 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

window 2000 professional not pinging my window 98 system.

Hello, We someone help me resolve this problem. I have window 2000 professional, windows 98 and Unixware 7.0.1 on the network. I was able to establish connection with all. However, l was unable to ping window 98 from window 2000 professional. I was able to ping the window 2000 from the window... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
10 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question