Shell Access

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shell Access
# 1  
Old 03-15-2004
Shell Access

Hi, i would like to put my shell on a server, but it said internal server error, i think the script is totally wrong.
Can somebody please give me a simple script with post data as

Quote:
turbo=hacker&g=ls -al
Thanks

TH
# 2  
Old 03-15-2004
install your shell to your home directory or contact the site admin and see if he can install your shell for you.
# 3  
Old 03-15-2004
i havent got one, its not the right one.
# 4  
Old 03-15-2004
You need to clarify what you are looking to do here - you stated you wanted your shell put on the server - you were given assistance on that - now you say you don't have a shell.

It sounds like you are trying to either get a script to work (which you need to post the script to this thread) or having trouble with some type of html/cgi script.

Please post more information on what you are attempting to do.
# 5  
Old 03-15-2004
I "had" a script, which i uploaded, the script caused errors, so what i am saying is can somebody write me a script (the simplest script that can be done) so i can access the server via shell and with post data as turbo=hacker&g=ls -al
This will be used at the end of the url script. (site.com/cgi-bin/script.cgi?turbo=hacker&g=ls -al)

Thanks

TH
# 6  
Old 03-15-2004
your request:
Quote:
can somebody write me a script
is frowned upon here. why dont you try writing it your self, then if you cant get it to work post your code here. this way we can look at what youve got so far and give you assistance from there.
# 7  
Old 03-15-2004
i seriously have to side w/ norsk hedensk on this. we are deffinetly here to help you but its hard to help you if you dont post your code.

being you are trying to get a directory listing via the web in all honesty i dont understand where this would be a needed request, but i do soemthing simmular based on $REMOVE_USER variable passed in from apache.

btw you cant post data w/ spaces in it. use a %20 if your post has spaces.

check the html standard at www.w3.org

but if you are just trying to get a directory listing via cgi.

Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl -w

use CGI qw/:standard/;

print header, start_html($ENV{REMOTE_USER}), h2($ENV{REMOTE_USER}), hr;
@files=glob("*");
for (@files) { print ("<a href=\"$_\">$_</a>", br) };
print end_html;

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to access a C function from a shell script?

Hi, I'm new to shell programming. And I'm having issues with accessing a C file with shell. Given a C code which contains functions and Lets say each function contains a multiplication instruction. So I need to extract the size of the operands (a,b) of each multiplication instruction in bits. How... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: beginner_99
3 Replies

2. Red Hat

No shell access to sftp user

I have created two users on our ftp server. They will use sftp to connect this server. But I do not want them to give direct ssh access. If I give /bin/false shell, sftp will not work. If I give /bin/nologin, it fails with below messages # sftp trdeo@bd01.xxx.com Connecting to bd01.xxx.com...... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris Shell - Remote access

Hi all; I'm looking for free access to the Solaris operating system. I have no way to install at home (even on a virtual machine). I been developing BOINC project (OProject@Home: site: oproject.goldbach.pl). I would like to compile and test programs on Solaris. Can someone provide a... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rysiu
9 Replies

4. AIX

ftp access without shell access

Hi all, I'm using AIX v 5.3 I want to create system users to access through ftp or sftp and restrict those users into specific directory and don't traverse the whole file system just to be restricted within a directory and don't get shell access . i don't want to use any other third party... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: h@foorsa.biz
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

access db2 from shell script

How to connect to db2 through shell script using cygwin? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: supriyat
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Webmail access using shell scripting

Hi all, Is it possible that I can access a webmail inbox using unix shell scripting? If that is possible, can you please give me some tips so that i can proceed further? Thanks, Geetha (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: iamgeethuj
6 Replies

7. AIX

Find all users with shell access

Hi, how do I find all users currently setup with shell access. Thanks in advance. Gav (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LionFeen
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell access

Hey guys, Ive recently started playing around on public access unix systems like sdf.lonestar.org. Ive always been interested in UNIX, but Ive never really had the time to do anything with it until now. What i want to know is advice on free (or cheap) OS's to use on new unix system, with my end... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CerialPhreak
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell access, please help!

Hello, i am new to unix. I have a new dedicated server, and i am using SSH to shell to it. it seems i have the option in my plesk control to give certain levels of shell access to a user. Can you please tell me what the following mean: /bin/sh /bin/bash /sbin/nologin /bin/ash /bin/bsh... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: genzai
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell variable access

Hi I want to do the following: 1. Create a number of Gloabla varibale "ROUTE_IP_xx" based on a counter. As xx sould be from 1-10. ie ROUTE_IP_1 ROUTE_IP_2 . . ROUTE_IP_10 2. I want to initalize all of these variable to 0.0.0.0 ie ROUTE_IP_1='0.0.0.0' 3. I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sabina
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question