Is there any option to verify size at destination end after NDM?

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Is there any option to verify size at destination end after NDM?
# 1  
Old 03-20-2013
Is there any option to verify size at destination end after NDM?

Hi,

I am using ndmcli to send files from one solaris server to another one.

I use the below one in script and verify the status.

Code:
select stat det=yes pnum="$PNUM"

Is there any option to automate in script in verifying destination size with source after doing NDM? Smilie

Last edited by jim mcnamara; 03-20-2013 at 09:25 AM..
# 2  
Old 03-26-2013
Well, NDM became Sterling Connect:Direct and is now IBM Connect:Direct. It is a very comprehensive file transfer system, and if it succeeds, the length and every byte are almost certainly all correct.

Determining the status of a transfer is more complex that with scp, and they provide many ways, of varing complexity, to determine this: ftp://public.dhe.ibm.com/software/co..._UserGuide.pdf
# 3  
Old 03-27-2013
Yes, it may be accurate.

But we are sending files to external application. If suppose its delayed from normal time, they just wanted to confirm the size at our end.

Since its a manual process and number of files are quite high, we just wanted to automate the process.

Any thoughts?Smilie
# 4  
Old 03-27-2013
If you bother to use, and pay for, Connect:Direct, you should trust it. What do you fear? This is not dumb old ftp/rcp. The file is probably transferred to a temp name until it is validated, probably with a polynomial checksum so they never get sued, so if it is present under the target name, it is good. I would not be surprised if the input file is either write locked or re-checksummed at the end, to ensure it was not modified during transmission! If you want to look at the remote file, you need another tool, as I do not expect it has ls like ftp/rsh/ssh, being very batch oriented and autonomous. There are probably warnings you can configure so if it fails to be successfully transferred by a certain time, you are notified. It is smart enough to recover from network and host glitches, but for a undetected outage it is not acceptable to wait and retry forever.
# 5  
Old 03-29-2013
Currently we are using ndmcli. We can not change it to some other option.

Since external application asks us to confirm the file size, we can not tell them that you should trust the ndm. For safer side, we have to verify.

Since number of files are quite high, we would like to automate it.Smilie
# 6  
Old 03-29-2013
What if you run md5sum on each file pair to verify they are the same? If so, there should be some way to automate that.
# 7  
Old 03-29-2013
I am not sure what is md5sum.

Could you explain with an example?Smilie
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Homework & Coursework Questions

NDM command to run a Mainframe job from Linux

Hi Experts, I am trying to run a Mainframe Job from Linux using NDM process. I will be passing the contents of the Mainframe job as an parameter to the NDM script. This is working fine with FTP when i use the option filetype = jes, but in NDM i am not able to identify a similar option like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun1377
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ndm scripting issue

Friends, I am trying to use the below type of code in my script, but its not at all executing, its an ndm scripting called inside the shell script, Any help is greatly appreciated, vsource=/temp/ndm vtarget=/temp/ndm vlist=list.txt for i in $( cat $dir/$file1 ) do v1=$i ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aa_remo
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

NDM process say success but file didn't reach destination

I am using ndmcli to NDM my files. When i do so it prints success for the process, with out any errors, but file is not reached at destination. ndmcli -x << EOJ submit phcdb process snode=$RMT_NODE_NAME step01 copy from (file=$SRC_FILE_NAME pnode) to (file=$DST_FILE_NAME snode... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pattamuthu
0 Replies

4. HP-UX

How to verify the size of a process

Hi, Could you please advise on the command to verify the size of a process in HPUX 11.23 Itanium. The process name is arserverd. Many thanks in Advance, Best Regards, John Joseph (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jjosephHPUX
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Find command -size option limitation ?

Hi All, I ran code in test environment to find the files more than 1TB given below is a snippet from code: FILE_SYSTEM=/home/arun MAX_FILE_LIMIT=1099511627776 find $FILE_SYSTEM -type f -size +"$MAX_FILE_LIMIT"c -ls -xdev 2>/dev/null | while read fname do echo "File larger than... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

"sed" to check file size & echo " " to destination file

Hi, I've modified the syslogd source to include a thread that will keep track of a timer(or a timer thread). My intention is to check the file size of /var/log/messages in every one minute & if the size is more than 128KB, do a echo " " > /var/log/messages, so that the file size will be set... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jockey007
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

NDM manual

Hi, Can any of you tell me how to get this ndm manual stuff? I need it to know specific error ids and descriptions Thanks, Vinodhini (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vinodhini4
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

NDM File transfer - doubt...?

Hi, I have configured NDM (Connect: Direct) to copy a bunch of files from one server to another. I create a master file contains the list of files which need to copied, and my shell script read the file and send the file one by one thru NDM. The problem is, since the files are very big in size... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_sethu
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to NDM a file in unix

.................................. Network data mover is a secure mechanism to transfer data . can any body guide me out .... how it is done (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anumkoshy
1 Replies

10. HP-UX

Print Problem in UNIX. Need to know the option to specify the print paper size

Hi, Could any one please let me know what is the option available in UNIX to print by specifying the paper size? We are using Unix11i. I could n't see any option specified in the 'lp' command to print the report by specifying the size of the paper. It would be of great help to me, if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ukarthik
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question