Reset All Configuration

Hi All,
i am using redhat enterprise 5.7
after do all configuration i need for any thing
is there any way to reset all configuration
1- i don't have backup

this is not a problem i face
but i assume this may be happen
so i am asking about any command back redhat to the status after installation directly
# 2  
Old 01-02-2012
What configuration exactly is the one you're trying to reset?

There isn't a "master configuration file" in RHEL.

Depending on the software you have installed you may be able to just overwrite some files under /etc from a RHEL vanilla install. You need to do that manually (and be very careful) since not all files will work by just replacing them (E.g.: passwd, shadow, fstab, sysctl.conf, etc.)

It'd be useful if you elaborate a bit on the issue you're facing.
# 3  
Old 01-09-2012
Tools hmm... solaris background ?

I bet you are used to solaris (*) and wants a "Linux-equivalent" to :
Code:
sys_unconfig

or even
Code:
touch /reconfigure ; init 6

well, AFAIK there is no such a "simple" thing (in Linux - that is)

HTH

good luck, and success !

alexandre botao
progsmith, polymath, creator.
("comets never dodge")

(*) P.S.: if not, the conclusion still applies Smilie
# 4  
Old 01-09-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmanux
i don't have backup
You just described the problem in a nutshell.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:
# 5  
Old 01-11-2012
try sys-unconfig
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Reset Password

Installed Solaris 11.3 Gnome Desktop It wouldn't let me log on at lock screen after first reboot. It finally relented and let me in after about 20 logon failures. How do I reset password now that I am in? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Solaris User
10 Replies

2. OS X (Apple)

Reset Password

So my dad bought an iMac from my mom, but she does not know the admin password anymore. I read on the apple forums that I should look here for help on resetting the password. The iMac runs OSX 10.6.3. I would really appreciate any help. Thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: PhsycoDragon
3 Replies

3. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

The connection was reset

Hi Folks, I have recently started Apache on my Fedora 11. I placed a working html file in the ServerRoot. I can wget and telnet from within the localhost and access the index.html. My telnet to port 80 from another machine works fine but when I try to access the web page through Firefox I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacki
8 Replies

4. Forum Support Area for Unregistered Users & Account Problems

reset email id

please reset my email id (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: beed123
0 Replies

5. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

I would like to reset my password

Hi Moderators, I forgot the login password and am accessing the forum page through save form password credentials. Could you please reset my password ? Thanks, :) (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
5 Replies

6. HP-UX

reset mouse

I have a Belkin KVM switcher, but when I switch from Unix to Windows, then back to Unix, the mouse stops working is there any way to reset the mouse without restarting the workstation? thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: xRonin
0 Replies

7. HP-UX

reset console

I have HP-UX 11i. My serial console is not responding to any input. How can I reset the console without rebooting the system? I can telnet in with no problem and system runs fine other than the console. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mizzleman
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I want to reset my workstation!

I am having an error in my workstation. I want to reset it and start from scratch. I also want to add a 120 G. Drive to my workstation. I checked out a book at my local library on unix. I still can't figure out how to erase everything and install this drive,please help. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sotelo_27
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Tape Reset?????

I'm changing from SCO UNIX to Red Hat Linux. In the UNIX box when backing up my data to tape I usually do this: tape reset sleep 5 nohup tar ................... I want to know if there is a way to do "tape reset" in Red Hat Linux. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rrivas
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

System Reset

Hi: Problem: Whenever I plug-in or out a serial cable from Sun 220 Server it resets itself and gives me OK prompt. I need to use one dumb terminal for two 220s. Any suggestions or comments will be highly appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_aamir
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question