Need a Script - Parse the log backup

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need a Script - Parse the log backup
# 1  
Old 01-12-2011
Need a Script - Parse the log backup

Hello all,

I need a script to parse the backup logs. I am newbie to scripting, please help.
# 2  
Old 01-12-2011
The log backup, or the backup log?

Hi.

Your question is far too vague to even think about beginning to think about answering.

What backup log (or log backup)? What does the log file look like? What do you want to extract from it?

Please show a part of the log file, and what output you hope to get.
# 3  
Old 01-12-2011
I am sorry. I am very new to this scripting and database too. So I don't know exactly how to ask a question.
Looking for backup logs to parse.
When I checked filename.arc I couldn't able to read anything. How can I check the log file?
# 4  
Old 01-12-2011
Many different applications can create .arc files.

Which application created yours?
# 5  
Old 01-12-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottn
Many different applications can create .arc files.

Which application created yours?
.arc files are created when we take archive log backup
# 6  
Old 01-12-2011
I should have been more specific myself.

What OS are you using, and what backup software?
# 7  
Old 01-12-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottn
I should have been more specific myself.

What OS are you using, and what backup software?
HP-UX and RMAN

---------- Post updated at 03:23 PM ---------- Previous update was at 03:21 PM ----------

I'm looking for general script not specific. I try to edit or build myself by looking at that. If I couldn't able to succeed then I may need your help. Thank you very much for your quick replies and being patient. I really appreciate it.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script | Parse log file after a given date and time stamp

I am developing one script which will take log file name, output file name, date, hour and minute as an argument and based on these inputs, the script will scan and capture all the error(s) that have been triggered from a given time. Example: script should capture all the error after 13:50 on Jan... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROMA3
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse audit log

I am trying to parse the audit log to find a particular date that associated with a user record. The Date and the context of the record that I need to extract from the audit.log are 11-07-2015, the username and the activity he or she performed that day. Here is my code: grep -c date -d... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellanicholson
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse log files

Hi all, We are having a sample log like .... test.log:2015.03.17 06:16:24 >> ABC.generateMethod() MethodAException while processing Request! DataForm: Header --- dtd: template.dtd, titleName: berger, requestId: 1503170032131, documentName: invoice123, hostName: acme.net, userName: userABC... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: tandrei
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse A Log File

Hello All, Below is the excerpt from my Informatica log file which has 4 blocks of lines (starting with WRITER_1_*_1). Like these my log file will have multiple blocks of same pattern. WRITER_1_*_1> WRT_8161 TARGET BASED COMMIT POINT Thu May 08 09:33:21 2014... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
13 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Backup Shell Script for Network Device Configuration backup

HI all, im new to shell scripting. need your guidence for my script. i wrote one script and is attached here Im explaining the requirement of script. AIM: Shell script to run automatically as per scheduled and backup few network devices configurations. Script will contain a set of commands... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saichand1985
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

rsync backup mode(--backup) Are there any options to remove backup folders on successful deployment?

Hi Everyone, we are running rsync with --backup mode, Are there any rsync options to remove backup folders on successful deployment? Thanks in adv. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: MVEERA
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse log with sed

I've been searching for an hour on how to parse a file like this: 10.200.5.83 - - "GET /portal/edits.js HTTP/1.1" 200 24324 10.200.5.83 - - "GET /portal/objects/PortalConfig.js HTTP/1.1" 200 12187 10.200.5.84 - - "GET /portal/objects/CommonDialog.js HTTP/1.1" 200 8283 10.200.5.84 - - "GET... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: dba_frog
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to create a script to parse log files

Hello everybody, I need some help here to create a script to parse a log file. Here is a sample of the log file : 0x42258940 (Debug) Cache SUMMARY attrs now/668 min/668 max/668. 0x42258940 (Debug) RSVD SUMMARY reserved space max requested/128 MB accounted now/0 MB 0x42258940 (Debug)... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samb95
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help w/ script to read file and parse log message

Hi, I am working on the script to parsing the specific message like "aaaa" in multiple log files like N1-***,N2-***,N3-***... The script is to find the list of lof files which contains the message "aaaa" and export the list into excel filE. Can anyone give help? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shyork2001
2 Replies

10. Solaris

creating log files for a backup script on solaris

I have a simple backup script that I am running to back up drives across the network. However I need to have detailed log files for this script such as time backup started, what was backed up, if there were any errors and the time that the backup was complete. I would also like the script to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: valicon
3 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question