awk help to do conditional find and replace

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk help to do conditional find and replace
# 1  
Old 03-12-2009
awk help to do conditional find and replace

Hi,

I have a Line input for awk as follows

DROP MATERIALIZED VIEW MCR.COMM_STACK;
CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW "MCR"."COMM_STACK"
ON PREBUILT TABLE WITHOUT REDUCED PRECISION
USING INDEX
REFRESH FAST ON DEMAND START WITH sysdate+0 NEXT SYSDATE + 7
WITH PRIMARY KEY USING DEFAULT LOCAL ROLLBACK SEGMENT
DISABLE QUERY REWRITE
AS SELECT "COMM_STACK"."COMM_TS" "COMM_TS","COMM_STACK"."UPD_TS" "UPD_TS","COMM_STACK"."WORK_DIM_KEY" "WORK_DIM_KEY","COMM_STACK"."STOCK_DIM_KEY" "STOCK_DIM_KEY","COMM_STACK"."COMM_DIM_KEY" "COMM_DIM_KEY","COMM_STACK"."TRAN_REF_DIM_KEY" "TRAN_REF_DIM_KEY","COMM_STACK"."TRN_ID" "TRN_ID","COMM_STACK"."RESALE_DT" "RESALE_DT","COMM_STACK"."TRAN_CD" "TRAN_CD","COMM_STACK"."POST_DT" "POST_DT","COMM_STACK"."SETTLE_DT" "SETTLE_DT","COMM_STACK"."BRKR_ID" "BRKR_ID","COMM_STACK"."EXEC_BRKR_ID" "EXEC_BRKR_ID","COMM_STACK"."EXEC_TRDR_ID" "EXEC_TRDR_ID","COMM_STACK"."ORD_ID" "ORD_ID","COMM_STACK"."QUANTITY" "QUANTITY","COMM_STACK"."PRICE_LOCAL" "PRICE_LOCAL","COMM_STACK"."PRICE_USD" "PRICE_USD","COMM_STACK"."COMM_AMT_LOCL" "COMM_AMT_LOCL","COMM_STACK"."AMT_USD" "AMT_USD","COMM_STACK"."COMM_AMT_USD" "COMM_AMT_USD","COMM_STACK"."COMM_IMPUTE_USD" "COMM_IMPUTE_USD","COMM_STACK"."NOMINAL_AMT_USD" "NOMINAL_AMT_USD","COMM_STACK"."FACE_VALUE_USD" "FACE_VALUE_USD","COMM_STACK"."FWD_AMT_USD" "FWD_AMT_USD","COMM_STACK"."AMT_LOCL" "AMT_LOCL","COMM_STACK"."EXCH_RT" "EXCH_RT","COMM_STACK"."ACCT_DIM_KEY" "ACCT_DIM_KEY","COMM_STACK"."ORIG_FACE" "ORIG_FACE","COMM_STACK"."INT_AMT_LOCL" "INT_AMT_LOCL","COMM_STACK"."INT_AMT_BASE" "INT_AMT_BASE","COMM_STACK"."ORIG_COST_LOCL" "ORIG_COST_LOCL","COMM_STACK"."ORIG_COST_BASE" "ORIG_COST_BASE","COMM_STACK"."LT_GL_LOCL" "LT_GL_LOCL","COMM_STACK"."LT_GL_BASE" "LT_GL_BASE","COMM_STACK"."ST_GL_LOCL" "ST_GL_LOCL","COMM_STACK"."ST_GL_BASE" "ST_GL_BASE","COMM_STACK"."MISC_FEE" "MISC_FEE","COMM_STACK"."SEC_FEE_LOCL" "SEC_FEE_LOCL","COMM_STACK"."TAXES_LOCL" "TAXES_LOCL","COMM_STACK"."NEW_ELIM_CD" "NEW_ELIM_CD","COMM_STACK"."FIRST_LOT_DT" "FIRST_LOT_DT","COMM_STACK"."TRN_YLD" "TRN_YLD","COMM_STACK"."PERF_MONTH" "PERF_MONTH","COMM_STACK"."BOOK_YIELD" "BOOK_YIELD","COMM_STACK"."BOOK_YIELD_STAT" "BOOK_YIELD_STAT","COMM_STACK"."LT_GL_BASE_STAT" "LT_GL_BASE_STAT","COMM_STACK"."CORP_ACT_RT" "CORP_ACT_RT","COMM_STACK"."SETTLE_LOC" "SETTLE_LOC","COMM_STACK"."CLIENT_QLFD_QUAL" "CLIENT_QLFD_QUAL","COMM_STACK"."BOOK_VALUE_GAAP" "BOOK_VALUE_GAAP","COMM_STACK"."BOOK_VALUE_STAT" "BOOK_VALUE_STAT","COMM_STACK"."BOOK_VALUE_MGR" "BOOK_VALUE_MGR","COMM_STACK"."LT_GL_LOCL_STAT" "LT_GL_LOCL_STAT","COMM_STACK"."COST_BASE" "COST_BASE","COMM_STACK"."COST_LOCL" "COST_LOCL" FROM "MCR"."COMM_STACK"@CL.DIMM.COM "COMM_STACK"
/

Note: When this statement is viewed on a text editor all the statement from the "AS SELECT" to the end of line is displayed in one line.

I would like to have an awk script that looks for all the occurances of the pattern "," (With Quotes) and replace them with the new line character.

I was able to achive this with the following command in awk

(Save the above statement in a mview.sql file and run the below command)

nawk '{gsub("\",","\",\n\t\t", $0); print }' mview.sql | nawk '{gsub(" FROM ","\nFROM ", $0); print }' > mview.out

Output As Shown below (Only Part of the output shown)

USING INDEX
DISABLE QUERY REWRITE
AS SELECT "COMM_STACK"."COMM_TS" "COMM_TS",
"COMM_STACK"."UPD_TS" "UPD_TS",
"COMM_STACK"."WORK_DIM_KEY" "WORK_DIM_KEY",
"COMM_STACK"."STOCK_DIM_KEY" "STOCK_DIM_KEY",
"COMM_STACK"."COMM_DIM_KEY" "COMM_DIM_KEY",
"COMM_STACK"."TRAN_REF_DIM_KEY" "TRAN_REF_DIM_KEY",
"COMM_STACK"."TRN_ID" "TRN_ID",
"COMM_STACK"."RESALE_DT" "RESALE_DT",
"COMM_STACK"."TRAN_CD" "TRAN_CD",
"COMM_STACK"."POST_DT" "POST_DT",
"COMM_STACK"."SETTLE_DT" "SETTLE_DT",
"COMM_STACK"."BRKR_ID" "BRKR_ID",
"COMM_STACK"."EXEC_BRKR_ID" "EXEC_BRKR_ID",
"COMM_STACK"."EXEC_TRDR_ID" "EXEC_TRDR_ID",
"COMM_STACK"."ORD_ID" "ORD_ID",
"COMM_STACK"."QUANTITY" "QUANTITY",
"COMM_STACK"."PRICE_LOCAL" "PRICE_LOCAL",
"COMM_STACK"."PRICE_USD" "PRICE_USD",
"COMM_STACK"."COMM_AMT_LOCL" "COMM_AMT_LOCL",
"COMM_STACK"."AMT_USD" "AMT_USD",
"COMM_STACK"."COMM_AMT_USD" "COMM_AMT_USD",
"COMM_STACK"."COMM_IMPUTE_USD" "COMM_IMPUTE_USD",
"COMM_STACK"."NOMINAL_AMT_USD" "NOMINAL_AMT_USD",
"COMM_STACK"."FACE_VALUE_USD" "FACE_VALUE_USD",
"COMM_STACK"."FWD_AMT_USD" "FWD_AMT_USD",
"COMM_STACK"."AMT_LOCL" "AMT_LOCL",
"COMM_STACK"."EXCH_RT" "EXCH_RT",
"COMM_STACK"."ACCT_DIM_KEY" "ACCT_DIM_KEY",
"COMM_STACK"."ORIG_FACE" "ORIG_FACE",
"COMM_STACK"."INT_AMT_LOCL" "INT_AMT_LOCL",
"COMM_STACK"."INT_AMT_BASE" "INT_AMT_BASE",
FROM "MCR"."COMM_STACK"@CL.DIMM.COM "COMM_STACK"

So Far i am happy with what i have seen.My question now is in the pattern i also have a few of such statements which are already in the next line as shown below

USING INDEX
DISABLE QUERY REWRITE
"COMM_STACK"."TRAN_REF_DIM_KEY" "TRAN_REF_DIM_KEY",....

Now when a run the same nawk on such a file here is what happens

USING INDEX
DISABLE QUERY REWRITE

"COMM_STACK"."TRAN_REF_DIM_KEY" "TRAN_REF_DIM_KEY",

"COMM_STACK"."TRN_ID" "TRN_ID",

"COMM_STACK"."RESALE_DT" "RESALE_DT",

So how can i avoid that from happening. Basically the question is if there is none after ", then do not substitute a new line just ignore. Go after only those that have a continuious line of such statements without a wrap.

Thanks and Kind Regards,
Rajan

Last edited by rajan_san; 03-12-2009 at 12:37 PM..
# 2  
Old 03-12-2009
Any Help....
# 3  
Old 03-13-2009
Try changing the pattern a little

Quote:
nawk '{gsub("\",\"","\",\n\t\t\"", $0); print }' mview.sql | nawk '{gsub(" FROM ","\nFROM ", $0); print }'
Instead of searching for ",
search for ","
# 4  
Old 03-13-2009
I think it works.. Thanks a lot for the tip.. Was really very useful...
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace in awk

I have a file that I am trying to find a specific word, then replace text within that string. file TestA2015 TestB2016 Example. Replace TestB2016 to TestB0000, so if TestB is found replace the original "2016" to "0000". Thank you :). awk tried awk '{ sub(/TestB$/, "0000", $6) }1'... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - find first occurence and replace it

Hello, I have a requirement to replace the whole string with first occurence of value of a key-value pair. I have to do this inside awk, as the data I need to work is inside an awk loop. value of my variable(say LogText) looks like: LogText= date=04Mar message=hello1 name=caq... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cool.aquarian
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find fields and replace using awk

Code: Using ksh Var1=`awk -F";" {print $1}' Input2.txt` cat Input1.txt | awk -F";" '{$3="Var1"}' > Output.txt (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Roozo
13 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and Replace in awk

Friends, I have more the thousand lines like this. check.cloud1.port=342 check.cloud2.port=5456 check.cloud3.port-4564 But we need to transfer it to _CHECK.CLOUD1.PORT_=342 _CHECK.CLOUD2.PORT_=5456 _CHECK.CLOUD3.PORT_=4564 Any one could pls help of this. Thanks in Advance ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jothi basu
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed and awk -Find and Replace

All, I have thousands of lines in a file with following format DATA=_ONE_XXX_YYY_CCC_HHHG_ DATA1=_GGG_JJJJ_HHH_UUU_JJJJ_HHHH_LLL_ DATA3=_MMM_GG_NN_QQQQ_FFF_III_ I want to replace _ with . by ignoring the first (=_) and last (_) So that out put should looks like... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: baluchen
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk conditional find

Hi, I have a file in the following format: aabbba 25.31806899 baaabb 38.21808852 cccccu 1.31819523 552258121.31818253 ffddybb 5.41815555 almcamc87561812689 223aqas5.661828345 adacaaaaaaa1821285 adacaaaaaaa1821286 smckaa 3.81828756 ada2512510c1821287 ada2522511c1821328... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex2005
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Conditional Search/Replace

I'm looking for an awk or (preferably) sed solution to search a pipe delimited file for any occurrence of an email address that does not include a designed domain, and replace the email address with a blank. E.g. hello|smith@designateddomain.com|jones@anotherdomain.edu|1234| turns into: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiggyboo
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

find and replace issue using awk

Hi All, point 1. I have n number of environment variable files in different folders. All file names are ending with one thing common ie, *envset.sh point 2. All these contains Varilables and some other information like following *envset.sh ===>> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin.pathak
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple find and replace with AWK

I am trying to write a find and replace script with AWK and I can't seem to get it to work. I need it to find this exact string *P*: and replace the P with a T or just replcare the whole thing with *T*:. this is what I have tried awk 'BEGIN {gsub(/\*P*:/,"\*T*:"); print}' ${INFILE} >... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wbshrk
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk find/replace

Greetings all. I have web site that has long option and switch lists. When I insert something new into these files, the lists need to be reordered. IE: 1 => apple 2 => pear 3 => bannana 4 => orange --------------------- Add grape as #2 1 => apple 2 => grape 3 => pear 4 =>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobertSubnet
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question