Newcomer, I'm new..

The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Newcomer, I'm new..
# 1  
Old 04-16-2007
Newcomer, I'm new..

Okay, I'm new on the damn forum and I don't know how I'd concentrate more on it.
I keep pointing my mouse onto multiplayer games and I want to know how I can direct my mind and my mouse on the Unix topics here at the Unix forum.

Where should I start from? Tips forum? Newbie forum? Any sites to start learning some unix ? lol

Thank you
# 2  
Old 04-16-2007
"damn forum" ? What do you mean ?
This is a good place to start from, and also the search function of the site for any question that you might have.
# 3  
Old 04-16-2007
Thank you sysgate, I meant to damn myself lol.
good day Smilie
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

Explain applications files (newcomer)

I just upacked a bz2 file and got the following: Jebs-Mac-mini:OXED jeb$ tar xvjf 0xED.tar.bz2 x 0xED.app/ x 0xED.app/Contents/ x 0xED.app/Contents/_CodeSignature/ x 0xED.app/Contents/Info.plist x 0xED.app/Contents/MacOS/ I assume the "x" means the files and directories were unpacked. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_writer
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help for a Perl newcomer! Transposing data from columns to rows

I have to create a Perl script which will transpose the data output from my experiment, from columns to rows, in order for me to analyse the data. I am a complete Perl novice so any help would be greatly appreciated. The data as it stands looks like this: Subject Condition Fp1 ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sarah_W
12 Replies

3. Ubuntu

Newcomer

Hi All, I'm a stranger to Ubuntu (I'm one of the millions who never even saw it). My question is "Can I learn it (atleast in a month or so)?". Yes, I can run dual OS but still, is Ubuntu as user-friendly as Windows? PS : Is the "Ubuntu has no virus issue" thing a myth or a fact? (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: satish51392111
8 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question