Wanted: old/broken USIII CPU Modules

Operating Systems Solaris Wanted: old/broken USIII CPU Modules
# 1  
Old 06-21-2005
Wanted: old/broken USIII CPU Modules

Hello,

I am looking for faulty X6990A, X7000A, X7009A, X7064A, X7310A CPU Modules.

The background is that I have recently got some non-working X7009A with various errors, I was able to repair some by swapping out CPUs but still have 3 more modules which are defenately "cooked".

I would like to do see if it would be possible to swap CPUs between modules of different frequency and cu/non-cu PCBs Smilie .

Quick visual compare between X7000A and X7009A PCBs showed that as I expected visually they seem to be almost identical, only handfull of resistors are different.

The ultimate goal would be to transform an X6898A into X7310A with 4Mb Cache Smilie .

Please PM me if you can spare anything, I will take over shipment costs.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Why Entitlement CPU can't be set to same as Virtual CPU?

I read that Entitlement CPU should be set to max 75% compare to Virtual CPU. May I know the reason. I have set the Entitlement CPU = Virtual CPU on AIX . It works fine . Can you help to understand. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gabhanes
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Is it possible to combine multiple CPU to act as a single CPU on the same server?

We have a single threaded application which is restricted by CPU usage even though there are multiple CPUs on the server, hence leading to significant performance issues. Is it possible to merge / combine multiple CPUs at OS level so it appear as a single CPU for the application? (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dissa
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to create custom modules in perl and how to import all modules with single command?

I have some custom functions which i want to use in perl Scripting all time. i want to How to create modules in perl and how to import them. Also if i create 15 modules and i want to > import all at once then how can i import? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navrattan Bansa
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl using modules CPU SYS and ENV

I have a project on which I have to use cpuinfo to get model name, number of cpus and bogomips.. for sys I need the uptime, total ram and from env I need the HOSTNAME.. from CMD ouputs i need the eth0-ip and .df.. The problem is that those modules have to be call from a subroutine and I have to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: thiedi16
0 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Just wanted to say thanks!!!

Greetings all!! Have only recently signed up to this forum and I must say I am thoroughly impressed! :D Everyone has been nothing but amazingly helpful and I haven't been made to feel like the newbie that I am. I will definately be becoming a daily user of this site not only for help... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: U_C_Dispatj
1 Replies

6. Programming

HELP!!: CPU resource allocation between kernel modules and user mode process

Hi,all: I run my program which consists of one kernel module and one user mode process on a dual core server. The problem here is the kernel module consumes 100% of one core while the user mode process only consumes 10% of the other core, is there any solution that I can assign some computing... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neyshule
1 Replies

7. Solaris

cpu-shares vs cpu-cap in solaris

Can anyone tell me difference between cpu-shares vs cpu-cap in solaris & how FSS will work with cpu-caps ? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
9 Replies

8. Solaris

Multi CPU Solaris system shows 100% CPU usage.

Hello Friends, On one of my Solaris 10 box, CPU usage shows 100% using "sar", "vmstat". However, it has 4 CPUs and prstat and glance are not showing enough processes to justify high CPU utilization. ========================================================================= $ prstat -a ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahive
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to get persistant cpu utilization values per process per cpu in linux (! top,ps)

hi, i want to know cpu utilizatiion per process per cpu..for single processor also if multicore in linux ..to use these values in shell script to kill processes exceeding cpu utilization.ps (pcpu) command does not give exact values..top does not give persistant values..psstat,vmstat..does njot... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pankajd
3 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
Perl::Critic::Policy::Modules::ProhibitAutomaticExportatUser3Contributed Perl DocuPerl::Critic::Policy::Modules::ProhibitAutomaticExportation(3pm)

NAME
Perl::Critic::Policy::Modules::ProhibitAutomaticExportation - Export symbols via "@EXPORT_OK" or "%EXPORT_TAGS" instead of "@EXPORT". AFFILIATION
This Policy is part of the core Perl::Critic distribution. DESCRIPTION
When using Exporter, symbols placed in the @EXPORT variable are automatically exported into the caller's namespace. Although convenient, this practice is not polite, and may cause serious problems if the caller declares the same symbols. The best practice is to place your symbols in @EXPORT_OK or %EXPORT_TAGS and let the caller choose exactly which symbols to export. package Foo; use base qw(Exporter); our @EXPORT = qw(foo $bar @baz); # not ok our @EXPORT_OK = qw(foo $bar @baz); # ok our %EXPORT_TAGS = ( all => [ qw(foo $bar @baz) ] ); # ok CONFIGURATION
This Policy is not configurable except for the standard options. AUTHOR
Jeffrey Ryan Thalhammer <jeff@imaginative-software.com> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2005-2011 Imaginative Software Systems. All rights reserved. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of this license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-07 Perl::Critic::Policy::Modules::ProhibitAutomaticExportation(3pm)