Window XP remote to AIX

Operating Systems AIX Window XP remote to AIX
# 1  
Old 09-14-2007
Window XP remote to AIX

May i know what software can i use for windows XP to remote AIX server ??
By the way, can you provide the link for me to download the software ??
# 2  
Old 09-14-2007
If you mean "What can I use to see an AIX desktop on my XP machine?" then try cygwin's XWin.
# 3  
Old 09-14-2007
ok ,thanks
# 4  
Old 09-14-2007
can you provide me the link for download it ..
i have searched it but no found..
# 5  
Old 09-14-2007
Cygwin Information and Installation

Download the setup program, then run it, tick the box for XWin, it will download all the bits you need.
# 6  
Old 09-14-2007
i try it first .. thanks fren
# 7  
Old 09-17-2007
Most of the times, you dont need the AIX *Desktop on your XP. We use telnet or ssh to get a terminal access and work from there.

Regards,

Kaps
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Toggle between xterm window and standard terminal window

Is it possible to toggle back and forth between an xterm invoked from one tty, and a shell invoked from a different tty? I am running Centos 7 with KDE and booting in non-graphic mode. After logging in on the default window (/dev/tty1) , I can then use ALT-F2 to access a new window (/dev/tty2),... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rhgscty
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Executing ksh script to remote server want output on same window

I'm having a brain freeze moment. I've created a ksh script in AIX that ssh's to a remote server, executes some commands, and then logs out. All of this is sent to a file. I then have the script cat the file so i can see the output. Even though the cat command is outside of the remote session part;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: seekryts15
5 Replies

3. AIX

How to X-window to work on AIX 5.3?

Hey all. My h50 is up, but now i need some guidance. How to i get X11 (X-Windows0 working on the system, so i can use the H50 via my main pc? is that makes sense. The X11 system is installed, but i am lost as how to get it working Can anyone please help? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ADS2459
2 Replies

4. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Remote desktop, close window

I have remote access to a desktop that runs a java application. I want to terminate the application. I tried to close the application window (through the 'X') but it won;t close. I tried 'jobs' command but it does not list any jobs (?). Is there anyway to list the current jobs and terminate the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: FelipeAd
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

pull files from window server to aix box

Hi All, I have a new requirment where i have to pull files from windows server to aix box. I am using scp command to pull a files. command is working fine but it is asking password for everytime i m running this command.I want to automate this so that it will not ask any password. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasson_ibm
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Configuring xSun for automatic remote login window

Hey folks, I wish every one is just great. I got to do this: I'm trying to configure my Solaris 10 clients to Automatically Show the login windows of the Main Server whenever the Client restarts or a user logs out. By other means, the Client user don't have to Go to Options->Remote-Login->... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ua-agent
5 Replies

7. AIX

Setup Window server to accept AIX SFTP client

To all the expert out there, I have successfully setup a AIX to AIX auto-SFTP with no password requested. Now my aim is to setup a AIX to Window auto-SFTP with no password requested as well. But I faced some problem that I do not know how to solve it. I have followed the setting of AIX's... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwliew999
8 Replies

8. AIX

remote monitoring AIX

peepz, do any of you use Remote monitoring for your aix boxes?? I mean something like SNMP or third party monitoring? I've looked some things up and this came out popular: SNMP for AIX NET-SNMP opensource program Tivoli Netview Server to monitor the servers AIX RMC Ganglia for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kvanelshocht
1 Replies

9. AIX

How to set AIX server for x-window?

Hi, I register the ip address into "XMD broadcast" in xconfig of xmanager, then use Xmanager to connect to AIX server, But I can not connect to it. How to set AIX server to let it can be connected? Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixabc
2 Replies

10. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

window 2000 professional not pinging my window 98 system.

Hello, We someone help me resolve this problem. I have window 2000 professional, windows 98 and Unixware 7.0.1 on the network. I was able to establish connection with all. However, l was unable to ping window 98 from window 2000 professional. I was able to ping the window 2000 from the window... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kayode
10 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question