rpmbuild error --- Symlink points to BuildRoot:

Operating Systems Linux Red Hat rpmbuild error --- Symlink points to BuildRoot:
# 1  
Old 11-06-2011
rpmbuild error --- Symlink points to BuildRoot:

hi all,
i am trying to create rpm for bzip2,
in building i am getting following error message. also i am building as non-root user.

Code:
+ rm -rf /home/rpmuser/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/bzip2-1.0.6-6.i386/usr/local/bin/bzcmp
+ ln -s -f /home/rpmuser/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/bzip2-1.0.6-6.i386/usr/local/bin/bzdiff /home/rpmuser/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/bzip2-1.0.6-6.i386/usr/local/bin/bzcmp
+ /usr/lib/rpm/brp-compress
+ /usr/lib/rpm/brp-strip /usr/bin/strip
+ /usr/lib/rpm/brp-strip-static-archive /usr/bin/strip
+ /usr/lib/rpm/brp-strip-comment-note /usr/bin/strip /usr/bin/objdump
Processing files: bzip2-1.0.6-6.i386
error: Symlink points to BuildRoot: /usr/local/bin/bzcmp -> /home/rpmuser/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/bzip2-1.0.6-6.i386/usr/local/bin/bzdiff
error: Symlink points to BuildRoot: /usr/local/bin/bzegrep -> /home/rpmuser/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/bzip2-1.0.6-6.i386/usr/local/bin/bzgrep
error: Symlink points to BuildRoot: /usr/local/bin/bzfgrep -> /home/rpmuser/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/bzip2-1.0.6-6.i386/usr/local/bin/bzgrep
error: Symlink points to BuildRoot: /usr/local/bin/bzless -> /home/rpmuser/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/bzip2-1.0.6-6.i386/usr/local/bin/bzmore

RPM build errors:
    Symlink points to BuildRoot: /usr/local/bin/bzcmp -> /home/rpmuser/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/bzip2-1.0.6-6.i386/usr/local/bin/bzdiff
    Symlink points to BuildRoot: /usr/local/bin/bzegrep -> /home/rpmuser/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/bzip2-1.0.6-6.i386/usr/local/bin/bzgrep
    Symlink points to BuildRoot: /usr/local/bin/bzfgrep -> /home/rpmuser/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/bzip2-1.0.6-6.i386/usr/local/bin/bzgrep
    Symlink points to BuildRoot: /usr/local/bin/bzless -> /home/rpmuser/rpmbuild/BUILDROOT/bzip2-1.0.6-6.i386/usr/local/bin/bzmore

It seams it is creating sybilic links in BUILDROOT.
I have seen similar threads before.But i am still not getting how to solve this problem. perhaps i need to a add some changes to install section of my spec file.
install section sample of my bzip2.spec file is as follows

Code:
%install
rm -rf $RPM_BUILD_ROOT
%makeinstall  DESTDIR=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT   PREFIX=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT/usr/local

%clean

any help will be usefull Smilie

Last edited by pludi; 11-06-2011 at 06:28 AM..
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Symlink

I know how to create a symlink but I am getting an error message that the file already exists. Also, my symlink doesn't point from target directory to the path correctly, Here is an example of the path to my folder structure path: cd /wkspce/wff/DEV/jobs/DEL the folder structure is: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dellanicholson
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Symlink creation

I am trying to setup my plex server to use symlinks rather than host the movie files. in my storage directory, i have both movies(some in subdirectory of the name and some just in the parent directory) and tvshows, which have subdirectories for each season, which contains the episodes i would... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bandion
3 Replies

3. Linux

rpmbuild, how to specify a different source and destination path for files

I'd like to specify a different build and deployment path for files, by default the same path is used for both build and install, I wasn't able to find a way to make these different. With Solaris pkgadd, one can specify different paths in prototype, so I would assume something like that is possible... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tiburblium
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

ln -s creates symlink in symlink, if [ -f ... ] says file that exists doesn't exist

Hi Forums, I got a little problem, I made a few modifications to the code of the launch script of a testing server(minecraft) and now updating is broken aswell as the automatic directory creation. These Lines somehow create an endless symlink that refers to itself and I don't know how to fix... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xaymar
0 Replies

5. Linux

rpmbuild on CentOS

Hi I have installed Linux CentOS release 5.3 (kernel 2.6.18-128.EL5PAE) on the server with following details : Model : HP ProLiant BL460c G7 After installing OS I’m not able to see the NICs installed on the machine. I installed rpm file from the link: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish_shukla
0 Replies

6. AIX

rpmbuild for AIX

Help ! Could someone please tell me where I can get the "rpmbuild" binary for AIX ? I'm on AIX 6.1 and a web site http://www-03.ibm.com/systems/power/software/aix/linux/toolbox/ezinstall.html has the RPM for "rpm-build" but all it contains is a few scripts etc. and it doesn't include... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: harryw
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

creating symlink

hi... I have a folder<abc> under /root folder. I want to create a symlink such that when i click on folder<abc> under root, should display my home folder (home/krish). Immediate inputs appreciated..... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rama.honge
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

rpmbuild error

Hi, So i am trying to wu-ftpd on my centos 5 Machine I download src.rpm file from redhat site. File name is : wu-ftpd-2.6.1-20.src.rpm This is what i did to install. rpm -ivh wu-ftpd-2.6.1-20.src.rpm cd /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/ after this i ran this command: rpmbuild -bb... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: email-lalit
0 Replies

9. UNIX and Linux Applications

Gnuplot question: how to plot 3D points as colored points in map view?

I have a simple gnuplot question. I have a set of points (list of x,y,z values; irregularly spaced, i.e. no grid) that I want to plot. I want the plot to look like this: - points in map view (no 3D view) - color of each point should depend on its z-value. - I want to define my own color scale -... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: karman
0 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question