Default GW

Operating Systems Solaris Default GW
# 1  
Old 07-04-2011
Default GW

Dears,

I have machine using TWO interfaces with diffrent IP subnets
I need to create a different DGW to each interface.

your support is appreciated
# 2  
Old 07-04-2011
Would you mind taking the time to give a more detailed description of the requirements and goals?

Did you try anything so far ?

If so, would you mind posting your attempt ?
# 3  
Old 07-04-2011
my question is not clear?! let me explain it in another way
I got a Sun using oracle solrais x86, solaris 10 with patches had been installed on the machine, I configued one interface net0 with 10.10.10.10 with DGW of 10.10.10.1

Now I need to change this DGW as fixed one.
and also configure net1 with IP 20.20.20.20 and DGW of 20.20.20.1

Hope this clarify the situation
# 4  
Old 07-04-2011
which are the commands should I use to do the configuration of the above senario?
# 5  
Old 07-04-2011
# 6  
Old 07-04-2011
Dear ctsgnb,

Thanks for your fast replay.

I have only one last question: can I configure 2 different DGW IPs to each physical interface?
# 7  
Old 07-04-2011
As far as i understand so far (please correct me if i'm wrong so i will remove my post)

When Your system send a packet, it find the destination IP to which it is supposed to be sent.

It checks if there are specific route to follow for that target IP, if no route is specified, then it is sent to the default Gateway.

You should set up your routes accordingly to fit your needs.

Maybe Solaris 10 offers network capabilities for setting differents types of configurations, but since it is not exactly in my area, i am not sure about what is possible or not.
In such case, the best is to get the relvant documentation (PDF or other) and read it.

Last edited by ctsgnb; 07-04-2011 at 09:37 AM..
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread
Login or Register to Ask a Question