CentOS 7.0 - man page for sfddiff (centos section 1)
|Linux & Unix Commands - Search Man Pages
sfddiff - compare two font files
sfddiff [--help] [--ignorehints] [--ignorenames] [--ignoregpos] [--ignoregsub]
[--ignorebitmaps] [--exact] [--warn] [--merge outfile] [--usage] [--version] fontfile1
The program sfddiff compares two font files, which may be in any format fontforge(1) can
read. It will notice the following differences:
1) Characters are present in one font but not in the other.
2) Characters are present in both fonts but have different sets of outlines or refer-
ences. The outlines may be compared so that only exact matches are accepted, or so
that a fuzzier match is used. Similarly references may need to match exactly, or
may be matched after an unlink.
This fuzzy comparison is useful when comparing truetype and postscript fonts, or
when comparing a font with references to one without.
3) The postscript hints or truetype instructions are different.
4) The font names (the truetype `name' table) differ.
5) The kerning (and other `gpos' information) differs.
6) The ligatures (and other `gsub' information) differ.
7) Any bitmap strikes present in one font but not in the other.
8) Any bitmap characters present in one strike of one font but in the equivalent
strike of the other.
9) Any bitmap characters which differ.
--help Provide a description with a list of the available options.
Suppress the reporting of hint/instruction differences.
Suppress the reporting of kerning (and other `gpos') differences.
Suppress the reporting of ligature (and other `gsub') differences.
Suppress the reporting of name string differences.
Suppress the reporting of bitmap differences.
Require outlines to match exactly.
--warn Warn if the outlines/references are slightly different.
Store a merged version of the two fonts into the specified output file. The merged
data will be based on sfdfile1, as well as any characters present in sfdfile2 but
not in sfdfile1 will be added, and the outlines of sfdfile2 will be placed in the
background. Finally, for any characters with different outlines or references the
background of the character will contain the outlines from sfdfile2 (references
will be unlinked into outlines and those outlines also will be added).
Display the usage description.
Display the current version.
The HTML version of the fontforge manual at:
Copyright (C) 2000-2006 by George Williams (email@example.com). Manual page heavily rewrit-
ten and modified to use standard -man(5) macros by R.P.C. Rodgers (firstname.lastname@example.org),
23 October 2002.
8 April 2006 SFDDIFF(1)
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:00 AM.