Numpy and scipy installatin to unix server

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Numpy and scipy installatin to unix server
# 1  
Old 01-14-2010
Numpy and scipy installatin to unix server

Hello, i very need to install numpy and scipy packages to pyhton on my unix server. All my tries was unssuccesalbe. Can anybody tell me how can resolve my problem.
# 2  
Old 01-14-2010
Add some more detailed info about what errors you get so people have a much better chance to help you. When doing so, use [code] and [/code] tags so that it is easy to distinguish code, logs, data etc. from descriptive text, ty.
# 3  
Old 01-14-2010
I unpacked numpy.tar.gz file, in terminal open unpacked dir. There write python2.6 setup.py build, it work, then write python2.6 setup.py install it works too. But when i try to import numpy isside python command line i got this error :
Code:
 Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "numpy/__init__.py", line 132, in <module>
    import add_newdocs
  File "numpy/add_newdocs.py", line 9, in <module>
    from lib import add_newdoc
  File "numpy/lib/__init__.py", line 4, in <module>
    from type_check import *
  File "numpy/lib/type_check.py", line 8, in <module>
    import numpy.core.numeric as _nx
  File "numpy/core/__init__.py", line 5, in <module>
    import multiarray
ImportError: No module named multiarray

# 4  
Old 01-14-2010
Even without knowing numpy (or even Python) that output tells me that you're missing the module 'multiarray', and that numpy depends on it. Install that first, and then try again.
# 5  
Old 01-14-2010
BUt this moduls should be installed with python installation or not?
# 6  
Old 01-14-2010
If you mean NumPy/SciPy, then yes, according to the Installation Instructions. But that won't save you from hunting down the dependencies yourself.
# 7  
Old 01-14-2010
Ok, i installed that moduls, but now drops this error :
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/numpy/__init__.py", line 130, in <module>
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/numpy/add_newdocs.py", line 9, in <module>
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/numpy/lib/__init__.py", line 4, in <module>
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/numpy/lib/type_check.py", line 8, in <module>
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/numpy/core/__init__.py", line 5, in <module>
ImportError: numpy/core/multiarray.so: undefined symbol: _PyUnicodeUCS4_IsWhitespace

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Installatin problem in installing gcc-4.9.0

Hi to all, i'm installing gcc-4.9.0 into my RedHat 6.4 pc. I configure like this :- # mkdir objdir # ./../gcc-4.9.0/configure # make and now having this problem :- checking for x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu-gcc... /software/gcc/objdir/./gcc/xgcc -B/software/gcc/objdir/./gcc/... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulvishwa
0 Replies

2. AIX

Install Numpy in AIX 6.1

Hi I have been trying install numpy in AIX 6.1 unsuccessfully, the versions are numpy (1.7 or 1.6), ( IBM XL C/C++ for AIX, V11.1 or gcc 4.7.2 ) I put in site.cfg from numpy the following library_dirs = /opt/freeware/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/lib64:/lib:/usr/local/lib64 include_dirs =... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brunolac
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need to move files from one UNIX server to another UNIX server.

Hi, I have two unix servers i need to move files from one server to another. For example: i have some files in Server1 and i want to run script in server2 to move files from server1. Any suggestion Thanks in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: karingulanagara
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and delete files and folders which are n days older from one unix server to another unix server

Hi All, Let me know how can i find and delete files from one unix server to another unix server which are 'N' days older. Please note that I need to delete files on remote unix server.So, probably i will need to use sftp, but question is how can i identify files and folders which are 'N'... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sachinkl
2 Replies

5. Programming

Scipy Python/ get pdf

Hi all I'm just starting usign scipy with python, really powerfull. It comes with some many functions but I'm not able to solve my problem. I have an array x and i need to find a probability density function (pdf) from data. does anyone know how to do that? (i've done it evaluating first... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dedalus
1 Replies

6. Linux

How to make multi os installatin DVD

i want to make an install dvd with os's Wiun xp redhat Linux 5 i tried with MagicISO but after making always says redhat checksome error while checking created ISO file in VMWARE Workstation and Microsoft virtualpc... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seshumohan
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Connecting to multiple unix server from unix server using shell script

Hi Gurus, I'm a unix newbie and I would like to connect to multiple unix servers from unix server using shell script i.e from server a to server b,c,d etc. I want to copy the files from unix server a to server b, c, d. I can access staright using ssh without the need to have password and user... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sexyTrojan
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

To copy a file from one unix server to another unix server through scripts

I am getting the fallowing error when i am trying to execute the scp commomd in shell script warning: You have no controlling tty. Cannot read confirmation. warning: Authentication failed. Disconnected; key exchange or algorithm negotiation failed (Key exchange failed.). scp2: warning: ssh2... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manit
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect unix server to unix server through shell scripts

Hi, I would like to connect UNIX server to UNIX server through shell scripts and i have some concepts . But i am totally confused how to connect UNIX server to UNIX server throuth running a script. It will be greatful to me if any buddy will help me. with simple example please. Thanks in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phatan
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to connect unix server to unix server through shell scripts

Hi, I would like to connect UNIX server to UNIX server through shell scripts and i have some concepts . But i am totally confused how to connect UNIX server to UNIX server throuth running a script. It will be greatful to me if any buddy will help me. Thanks in advance. Phatan:) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phatan
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question