Which OS is better for software development ?

View Poll Results: Which is OS is better for system development ?
GNU/Linux 1 100.00%
Solaris 1 100.00%
*BSD 0 0%
HP-UX 0 0%
Windows 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1. This poll is closed

The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Which OS is better for software development ?
# 1  
Old 08-17-2011
Which OS is better for software development ?

Big noob in everything, so I want know from more experienced users and programmers what they think which OS is better for system development?
# 2  
Old 08-17-2011
Windows is the king in this area specialty for web development , web designing , desktop application and GUI , .NET , Java Development , Visual Programming
But in my humble opinion Linux or Solaris role the area of c/c++ , Java development and Scripting regardless the cost of the Hardware and Software if Solaris is the development environment

Last edited by h@foorsa.biz; 08-17-2011 at 06:03 PM..
# 3  
Old 08-17-2011
Depends on your criteria.
If you want a large market then MS Windows
If you just like programming then unix.
Bottom line...what do you have an order for?
# 4  
Old 08-17-2011
I think the answer is in the question!

Windows is the best OS for Windows development, as Solaris is for Solaris development, etc. If you're working cross-platform, then the OS is somewhat irrelevant to the question.

Sorry to say that I can't see any outcome to this thread that might not result in it being closed at some point (rule #8), so I will save anyone the trouble, and close it now.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Back to Cyber Situational Awareness Software Development

After mulling over self-publishing a cyberspace situational awareness mini-series starting with a short book on human cyber consciousness, I think it is best I delay writing a book and focus on software development. The general idea of human cyber consciousness is indirectly discussed in this... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Thinking of career change to software development

I'm currently administering applications and unix OS. Have no IT degree, learned on the job over last 6-7 years. Have good shell scripting skills, basic perl, know some apache, mysql, sql etc. I enjoy scripting, setting up scripts to use in conjunction with databases and apache etc. I think... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
3 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question