Long process hpux

Hi,

I Have HPUXB.11.23

I need a command, for find the process with more 12 hours executing

Thanks

Guido
# 2  
Old 11-27-2012
'ps -ef' command shows running time of processes.
glance command is a system monitoring tool.
You can also use top command for this.

Cheers,
# 3  
Old 11-28-2012
Code:
UNIX95= ps -eo etime,pid,args | awk 'NR>1 { w=$0; if(length($1)==5) { if(!($1 ~ /(^0[0-9]:|^11:)/)) print w; } else print w; } '

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for long running process on AIX

I want to write a shellscript which determines if a particular process is long running than my specified threshold time. Eg: My process name is "prsd" and is expected to run for 15 mins and completes. If I set a threshold limit of 1 hour, and how we can the get output of the long running... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chandu123
4 Replies

2. UNIX and Linux Applications

database takes long time to process

Hi, we currently having a issue where when we send jobs to the server for the application lawson, it is taking a very long time to complete. here are the last few lines of the database log. 2012-09-18-10.35.55.707279-240 E244403536A576 LEVEL: Warning PID : 950492 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: techy1
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Monitor a long running process

Gurus, I am writing a shell script that will be used to automate cold backup of an Oracle Database. The database size is around 300G and will take around 5-6 hours to copy. I have finished the script till the copy of the datafiles. Now, I am stuck at the point where I need to monitor the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunpraveen
4 Replies

4. Red Hat

login process taking a long time

I'm having a bit of a login performance issue.. wondering if anyone has any ideas where I might look. Here's the scenario... Linux Red Hat ES 4 update 5 regardless of where I login from (ssh or on the text console) after providing the password the system seems to pause for between 30... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: retlaw
4 Replies

5. HP-UX

abnormal process HPUX

i am using HP-UX and i have this process called HPUX childwrapper taking about 99% cpu.i want to know what the process does? and if i should kill it (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomjones
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to check since when (for how long) a particular process is running ?

How do I check if a particular process is running from a certain date and time ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hpuxlxboy
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

how to check how long the process has been running.

I have a requirement to check how long a process is running on unix system.If i use ps -ef i am getting the following message guest 2453638 1998920 0 16:16:05 - 0:00 dsapi_slave 9 8 0 but this is showing only time not the date.Can any one please advice me any script to find out how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ukatru
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Killing a process that takes too long

Hello, I have a C program that takes anywhere from 5 to 100 arguments and I'd like to run it from a script that makes sure it doesnt take too long to execute. If the C program takes more than 5 seconds to execute, i would like the shell script to kill it and return a short message to the user. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: WeezelDs
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Displaying VERY long process names with ps -ef

Hi, I'm trying to display all process on an AIX server with the string SLRServer in them. Normally "ps -ef|grep SLRServer" would be sufficient, however in this instance the process name is enormous and the part which contains this string has been truncated, as you can see in the example below ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: m223464
8 Replies

10. HP-UX

hpux startup process, AUTO file?

hi, one of the process of hpux startup is this ISL where it consults the AUTO file. is this AUTO file resident in disk? thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yls177
5 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question