regarding lex regular expression

Top Forums Programming regarding lex regular expression
# 1  
Old 03-10-2007
regarding lex regular expression

Hi all

I am using lex for my application scanning and I need to skip some lines for which I don't know the exact pattern.

So, could anybody tell me the regular expression to display lines NOT beginning with the specified pattern.

I know how to display lines beginning with the specified pattern.
For example,

^ABCD.* ---- It will match lines beginning with ABCD .....

Thanks in advance.
axes
# 2  
Old 03-12-2007
HI,
One method is you can mention the expected pattern one by one and at last have apettern . which means the pattern is not handled.
^ABCD {}
^XXXXX {}
. { Pattern which is not handled
This can be skipped
}

Thanks
Raghuram
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

sed: -e expression #1, char 0: no previous regular expression

Hello All, I'm trying to extract the lines between two consecutive elements of an array from a file. My array looks like: problem_arr=(PRS111 PRS213 PRS234) j=0 while } ] do k=`expr $j + 1` sed -n "/${problem_arr}/,/${problem_arr}/p" problemid.txt ---some operation goes... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: InduInduIndu
11 Replies

2. Programming

Perl: How to read from a file, do regular expression and then replace the found regular expression

Hi all, How am I read a file, find the match regular expression and overwrite to the same files. open DESTINATION_FILE, "<tmptravl.dat" or die "tmptravl.dat"; open NEW_DESTINATION_FILE, ">new_tmptravl.dat" or die "new_tmptravl.dat"; while (<DESTINATION_FILE>) { # print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessy83
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use of regular expression

Hi, Earlier I was using the below expression to identify the file names ls PRODUCT_LIST__CITIES_????????.dat file names : PRODUCT_LIST_GB_CITIES_????????.dat PRODUCT_LIST_IE_CITIES_????????.dat but now the file names have been changed as below ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: k_vikash
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

regular expression

Could anyone of you please guide me on making correct regular expression to match the exact word or character I have some numbers like 12345780 extn 1234 1234567 x 43545 13245678 Extn 454857 if * ]]; then VAR3=`echo "$NUMBER" | nawk -F "*" '{print $1 $2}'` ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nram_krishna@ya
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression

I have a flat tab delimited file of the following format 1 A:23 A:45 A:789 2 A:2 A:47 3 A:78 A:345 A:9 A:10 4 A:34 A:98 I want to modify the file to the following format with insertions of "//" in between 1 A:23 // A:45 // A:789 2 A:2 // A:47 3 A:78 // A:345 // A:9 // A:10 4 A:34... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lucky Ali
7 Replies

6. Programming

Need Regular expression

Need regular expression to accept alphabets or numbers for first three places (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dineshmurs
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Integer expression expected: with regular expression

CA_RELEASE has a value of 6. I need to check if that this is a numeric value. if not error. source $CA_VERSION_DATA if * ] then echo "CA_RELESE $CA_RELEASE is invalid" exit -1 fi + source /etc/ncgl/ca_version_data ++ CA_PRODUCT_ID=samxts ++ CA_RELEASE=6 ++ CA_WEEK_NO=7 ++... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ketkee1985
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression

Hi, I have the following file as shown below: Replace() { sed -e "s+ABCDIR+$DDIR/C+g" \ -e "s+ABCDIR+$DDIR/C+g" \ -e "s + ABCDDIR+$DDIR/C"\ } I need a Regular expression to grep 0nly ABCDIR. if i use grep -i... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi_rn
3 Replies

9. Linux

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" .... i need regular expression

Regular expression to extract "y" from "abc/x.y.z" (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rag84dec
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular Expression + Aritmetical Expression

Is it possible to combine a regular expression with a aritmetical expression? For example, taking a 8-numbers caracter sequece and casting each output of a grep, comparing to a constant. THX! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Z0mby
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question