Problem in accessing Oracle Database Server from Linux Machine
I am facing a strange issue in connecting to Oracle database from Linux Machine
- The connectivity is not failing all the time , the failure to success ratio is 1:70.
- Error "ORA-12545: Connect failed because target host or object does not exist"
- Majority of the time the connection is successful
- I am able to ping the target database server using the hostname defined in /etc/hosts
- There is another Oracle server which has a seamless connectivity.
Entry in tnsnames.ora
Last edited by Franklin52; 08-22-2014 at 11:19 AM..
Reason: Please use code tags
Hello, I am very new to Scripting. I am having a Kornshell Script below for connecting to Oracle database. But getting an error while executing it.
ssh -X firstname.lastname@example.org <perimuka>
su - oracle
sqlplus <mraghunandanan>/<peri123> <<eof
Can anyone tell what is wrong... (3 Replies)
What are we doing ?
1) We ftp a PDF file to Oracle Directory which is on AIX server, using Business Object Server. The ftp account we use is prmtftdv. The oracle directory is owned by "oracle" account on aix. The default file permission is 640.
2) We are trying to read the PDF file using oracle... (1 Reply)
We have set-up a FTP server on a Linux machine, which sits behind a firewall. Most users outside our firewall can access it, but one user in particular cannot. I assume it has something to do with their firewall rules. It appears that they can connect with no problem but the server does not grant... (1 Reply)
Ok, here at work, we have Windows computers which login into a MS domain server.
Some of us also have Linux boxes which get a ip address
from the dhcp server. We can see other boxes and see the internet until about 1 week ago.
Now, we still get a ip address but can't see anything within our... (3 Replies)