Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How can I get Information about who is connected??? Post 99976 by Garry_Garrett on Wednesday 22nd of February 2006 07:27:22 PM
Old 02-22-2006
If they are not currently logged in, look at "last".

If they don't login at all, but connect via some TCP/IP applciation, etc., you will want to look at "netstat". You will need to figure out which port number the application uses.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Monitoring connected users

Hello every body Happy new year and merry christmass. Is there a way to monitor the users who are connecting to a Solaris 2.8 Sun Spark workstation . I just need to monitor the users and the command they are usning during telnet or rsh to my workstation. Cheers (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reza Nazarian
2 Replies

2. Programming

Connected or not connected !

Hello ! I've got a question . I really don't het this point. Let's supose that I have a client connected to a server. I want the server IMEDIATLY know if the client is diconnected . How can I realize this ? :mad: Amd I'm just curios about one thing. I have a server and multiple clients... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: !_30
3 Replies

3. IP Networking

check whether connected to network

hi... can anyone pls suggest a few methods to check whether a computer is connected to any network, using the terminal, not GUI. thanks eskay (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eskay_karthik
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

linux connected to as400

we have a as400 5rev4 and want to use a rhel server to use as a file server. We exported a drive on the rhel box and then mounted it on the as400. We can see the top directory in our mounted as400 directory but when we attempt access subdirectories we get a no matching object error. When we open... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: javagair
2 Replies

5. AIX

How do I know to which storage I am connected

Hello everyone. We have a environment where we have DS8K storage and ES800 storage, the way to check to which storage the box is connected is using the LUN ID I get frm " pcmpath query device " command. for ex: 75CXX - DS8K storage 26860 - ES 800 Storage I was told to check... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nivaspIND
4 Replies

6. IP Networking

Am I Connected?

Be Gentle folks, I am a baby OpenSuSe 11.2 user :-) In windows Vista, there is a world in the systray when you are Internet connected and not just local. I have searched all over for a .RPM for the Network Manager or another packeg in Suse that can show me the same thing or something close. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: donmaxwelliii
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mysql is not connected in php

Hi, The php is not able to connect into my mysql database. But i can able to connect by manually. I think that I have missed some points. Please guild for the same. Thanks, Mani (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ftp showing connected only

hi, good morning. Anyone can help me out. A trying to ftp from server A to server B. from server A to B its working fine but from server B to A, its only showing connected only: finap7 #ftp 10.10.10.210 Connected to 10.10.10.210. I refresh the inetd but nothing is happening. Please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kamaldev
1 Replies

9. IP Networking

Connected to IANA anyway, why?

May someone can answer this. Anytime I ignite my laptop to go online I see via etherape that I am connected to IANA as shown below. Is my provider redirecting me there, the cable under the sea, what is the reason for this? This happened with a pretty normal desktop PC, as well with my ancient... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: 1in10
2 Replies

10. Programming

Read 1 of 2 keyboards connected

Hi all experts in linux and programming! I want to make work the following setup: 2 usb keyboards connected to a normal x86 One keyboard working as usual in xorg, but I need that the other one doesn't send anything to xorg but instead I want to process its keystrokes with some kind of... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: SerKan
15 Replies
shevek::socket(3)					     Library Functions Manual						 shevek::socket(3)

NAME
shevek::socket - Use a unix-domain, tcp or avahi network connection with shevek::fd. SYNOPSIS
#include <socket.hh> Inherits shevek::fd. Inherited by shevek::telnet. Public Types typedef sigc::signal0< void > disconnect_t Disconnect signal type. typedef sigc::slot0< void > listen_t New connection callback type. Public Member Functions void listen_unix (std::string const &file, listen_t cb, unsigned queue=10) Listen for new connections on a UNIX socket. Use listen instead. void listen_tcp (std::string const &service, listen_t cb, unsigned queue=10) Listen for new connections on a TCP socket. Use listen instead. void listen_avahi (std::string const &service, Glib::ustring const &protocol, Glib::ustring const &name, listen_t cb, unsigned queue=10) Listen for new connections on a TCP socket, and register it with avahi. Use listen instead. void listen (std::string const &port, listen_t cb, unsigned queue=10) Listen for new connections. void connect_unix (std::string const &unix_name) Connect to a UNIX socket. Use connect instead. void connect_tcp (std::string const &host, std::string const &service) Connect to a TCP socket. Use connect instead. void connect_avahi (avahi::browser::owner const &target, avahi::browser::details const &details=avahi::browser::details()) Connect to an avahi TCP socket. Use connect instead. void connect (std::string const &port) Connect to a socket. void accept (Glib::RefPtr< socket > sock) Accept a connection (only allowed on a listening socket). std::string get_peer_info (bool numeric=false) const Get information about the other side of a connection. std::string get_own_info (bool numeric=false) const Get info about our side of the connection. disconnect_t signal_disconnect () Schedule a function to be called when the socket is disconnected. void disconnect () Disconnect the socket without reconnecting. Static Public Member Functions static Glib::RefPtr< socket > create (Glib::RefPtr< Glib::MainContext > main=Glib::MainContext::get_default()) Create a new socket. Protected Member Functions socket (Glib::RefPtr< Glib::MainContext > main) Constructor. virtual ~socket () Destructor. Detailed Description Use a unix-domain, tcp or avahi network connection with shevek::fd. Member Function Documentation void shevek::socket::connect (std::string const &port) Connect to a socket. This is the preferred function to use. Format: UNIX domain sockets: anything with at least one / in it. TCP: hostname:port, where the hostname and colon may be omitted, and the port may be a service or number. Avahi: name|protocol, where name is the application name, and protocol the connection type. void shevek::socket::listen (std::string const &port, listen_tcb, unsignedqueue = 10) Listen for new connections. This is the preferred function to use. Format: UNIX domain sockets: anything with at least one / in it. TCP services: the name. TCP port numbers: the number. For TCP, appending |name|protocol, where name is the application name and protocol the connection type. Author Generated automatically by Doxygen for libshevek from the source code. libshevek Fri May 11 2012 shevek::socket(3)