Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris What to look for in my sun box if I'm new to this? Post 99946 by 98_1LE on Wednesday 22nd of February 2006 12:30:30 PM
Old 02-22-2006
I would suggest playing with the existing OS for a while, but at some point you will probably want to reinstall Solaris.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Booting off of a cd on a Sun Box

I have a Sun box that I am trying to get started up, but everytime it will crap out because it is bound to an NIS domain that no longer exists. The Master for that domain was put out of commission. It was suggested to me that I could boot off of the Installation cd for the OS (Solaris 8) and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jody
4 Replies

2. UNIX Benchmarks

move from an HP box to Sun Box

I could write a long spec here, however.....we are looking at investing in one of thise shiny blue Sun V440's. Rediculousely expensive, however possibly more cost effective over time...too much time listening to salesmen. To the point has anyone actually performed a comparison for Oracle running on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: luker
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Security vulnerability on my sun solaris 9 box

We are running security scans on our machines. I am concerned with my solaris 9 box running on a 280r. got the following message. The remote host accepts loose source routed IP packets. The feature was designed for testing purpose. An attacker may use it to circumvent poorly designed IP... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

difference between AIX box and Sun Solaris box

Hi, I need a clarification. Is there any difference between AIX box and Sun Solaris box? The bzip command with -c option works in AIX box and the same does not work in Sun Solaris box. Can anyone please explain if there is an implementation difference in both these boxes for the shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nisha4680
1 Replies

5. Solaris

how to install dbx in sun box

Hi All, I want to install dbx on Sun box, Please help me how to install it and where i get the dbx free software for Sun Solaries 9 OS. Thanks in Advance..... Regards, Sridhar. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sridhusha
1 Replies

6. Solaris

migration of sun box 5.8 to 5.10

i want to migrate sun box 5.8 to 5.10 and also 5.9 to 5.10 with jump start without ditrubing any users, how it can be done? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saini707
3 Replies

7. IP Networking

snoop command on Sun box

Hi Gang: Need some help with a snoop command. Sun box (solaris 8) has 4 nic cards, I need to snoop one address and output that to a file so wireshark can read it. Can anyone help me out..? Think its something like.... snoop -i 10.10.10.10 -o snoop_output (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jimmyc
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

send mail from sun box 8

Hi experts, I need to send email form my sun box but i unable to send? 1) What Basic setting i have to check? 2) We have DNS server running on other system (ISP-DNS 202.62.64.3,Primary-DNS 192.168.10.4 slave-DNS 192.168.10.1) 3) what Files need to be check, what files need to be created. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saisivakumar
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Help with booting SUN Box

Got the console cable all connected up and got tot he ok prompt. Typed in boot cdrom and got the following: ok boot cdrom Boot device: /pci@8,700000/scsi@6/disk@6,0:f File and args: ERROR: /packages/deblocker: Last Trap: Corrected ECC Error Can't read disk label. Can't open disk... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sun Virtual box

hi Am Using Windows vista machine where i installed Sun Virtual Box on Which i installled Solaris 10.. am not able to ping my windows machine from Sun OS neither viceversa.. Can someone help me out to get this sorted please .... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sojourner
2 Replies
rhythmbox(1)						      General Commands Manual						      rhythmbox(1)

NAME
rhythmbox-client - controls a running instance of rhythmbox SYNOPSIS
rhythmbox-client [option...][file...] DESCRIPTION
rhythmbox-client is a tool for controlling an already running instance of rhythmbox. It's useful for remote control scripting, adding spe- cific files to the library from the shell, or printing details of what's playing. Any files specified after the option arguments will be added to the library. If the --enqueue option is given, the files will also be added to the play queue. OPTIONS
-?,--help Show help options --debug Enable debug output --no-start Do not start a new instance of rhythmbox --quit Quit rhythmbox --no-present Don't present an existing rhythmbox window --hide Hide the rhythmbox window --next Jump to next song --previous Jump to previous song --notify Show notification of the playing song --play Resume playback if currently paused --pause Pause playback if currently playing --play-pause Toggle play/pause mode --play-uri=URI Play a specified URI, importing it if necessary --enqueue Add specified tracks already in the library to the play queue --clear-queue Empty the play queue before adding new tracks --print-playing Print the title and artist of the playing song --print-playing-format=format Print formatted details of the song (see FORMAT OPTIONS below). --set-volume Set the playback volume --volume-up Increase the playback volume --volume-down Decrease the playback volume --print-volume Print the current playback volume --mute Mute playback --unmute Unmute playback --select-source=URI Select the source corresponding to a URI (device or mount point) --activate-source=URI Select the source corresponding to a URI (device or mount point) and start playing from it if not already playing. --play-source=URI Select the source corresponding to a URI (device or mount point) and start playing from it. FORMAT OPTIONS
%at album title %aa album artist %aA album artist (lowercase) %as album artist sortname %aS album artist sortname (lowercase) %ay album year %ag album genre %aG album genre (lowercase) %an album disc number %aN album disc number, zero padded %st stream title %tn track number (i.e 8) %tN track number, zero padded (i.e 08) %tt track title %ta track artist %tA track artist (lowercase) %ts track artist sortname %tS track artist sortname (lowercase) %td track duration %te track elapsed time Variables can be combined using quotes. For example "%tn %aa %tt", will print the track number followed by the artist and the title of the track. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Sven Arvidsson <sa@whiz.se>, for the Debian system (but may be used by others). SEE ALSO
rhythmbox(1). GNOME
2007-06-28 rhythmbox(1)