Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers how to pass values from oracle sql plus to unix shell script Post 99763 by vgersh99 on Tuesday 21st of February 2006 10:10:58 AM
Old 02-21-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by trichyselva
how to pass values from oracle sql plus to unix shell script
... by searching the forums first.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need help on shell script(to pass the values)

only the arguments that are written to the file, my script is (sh /u01app/wkf.sh"$start_no","$name","$Condition","$file_name") like that when ever I run my script I need to write into a new file every time, like wise I have upto10 files with different names.bec my $start_no and $name will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sai123
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass pl/sql table values to shell script

Hello, i am using '#!/bin/bash', i want to make a loop in pl/sql, this loop takes values from a table according to some conditions, each time the loop choose 3 different variables. What i am not able to do is that during the loop i want my shell script to read this 3 variables and run a shell... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rosalinda
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to pass the values to unix shell from the oracle stored procedure.

Hi i am calling a stored procedure from unix shell like this call test_proc('0002','20100218'); the stored procedure was giving output like this dbms_output.put_line(' processed earlier'); i want to see the output in the unix shell where i called. Thanks barani (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: barani75
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass arguments to SQL file passed in shell script?

Hi, I am using SYBASE database. in my script i am connecting to DB via using isql. isql -U${S_USER} -S${S_SERV} -D${S_DB} -P${S_PWD} -b0 -w3000 -h0 -s"|" -i${MYDIR}/ABC.sql -oXYZ.txt << FINSQL i am taking a ABC.sql file to use the queries written in it and storing the output in... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dazdseg
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Pass the Output Values from the PL/SQL Procedure to Shell Script?

hi, Could anyone tell me how to pass the output values of the PL/SQL procedure to Shell script and how to store that values in a shell script variable... Thanks in advance... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: funonnet
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass value from unix shell to sql session?

Here is the situation, I have file from which I am reading records line by line. Based upon some condition I need to pass a field from a sql session to get some data from a table. I don't have any idea how to do it.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mady135
1 Replies

7. Programming

pass value from Oracle sql to Korn shell

Hi All , I am trying to pass a value from sqlplus to korn shell . There is a table tab1 in Oracle that has a column userdate. I need to pass the userdate to the korn shell . This is what I am doing . VALUE=`sqlplus -silent username/password << END set pagesize 0 feedback off verify off... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: megha2525
14 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Use of Oracle pl/sql in UNIX shell script

Hi, I have basic knowledge on how to write pl/sql code inside shell script. I am looking for more advance thing. Is there any book for that which can just talk about how to write more advance plsql code inside shell script. Please help Thanks!!!!!! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: diehard
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass Oracle sql script as argument to UNIX shell script?

Hi all, $ echo $SHELL /bin/bash Requirement - How to pass oracle sql script as argument to unix shell script? $ ./output.sh users.sql Below are the shell scripts and the oracle sql file in the same folder. Shell Script $ cat output.sh #!/bin/bash .... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: a1_win
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unable to pass value from .Shell script to .SQL file

Hi All, I am new to shell script. I am trying to pass value from .sh file to .sql file . But I am able to run the .sql file from .sh file with values in sql file. But I am unable to pass the values from .sh file. can some one please help to resolve this. here is my .sh file s1.sh ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddy298599
4 Replies
MAKE-SQLDEVELOPER-PACKAGE(1)			    Oracle SQL Developer Debian package builder 		      MAKE-SQLDEVELOPER-PACKAGE(1)

NAME
make-sqldeveloper-package - Oracle SQL Developer Debian package builder SYNOPSIS
make-sqldeveloper-package [options] <file> DESCRIPTION
make-sqldeveloper-package is a utility that builds a Debian package for Oracle SQL Developer. The Oracle SQL Developer program is governed by the copyright holder (Oracle USA, Inc.), so you may be limited as to what you can do with the resulting package (i.e. no redistribution, etc). This utility will simply help you create the Debian package, it is your responsibility to use the resulting package acordingly with the OTN license, a copy of which is included in the created package, that you must agree on when downloading the source. This utility will require you to download the "Oracle SQL Developer for other platforms" archive from <http://www.oracle.com/technet- work/developer-tools/sql-developer/> to create the Debian package from. OPTIONS
-b|--build-dir <dir> base directory to build package (autogenerated) -e|--email <email> local maintainer email (use DEBEMAIL or auto-generate) -i|--install install the generated package - needs root privilege (no) -k|--keep-dir keep the build directory (no) -l|--revision <number> local revision to append to package version (1) -m|--maintainer <name> local maintainer name (use DEBFULLNAME or leave empty) -r|--root-command <command> command to gain root privilege for package build (fakeroot) -u|--upstream-version <version> force the upstream version (autodetected) -h|--help display the help screen -v|--version show the program version <file> the "Oracle SQL Developer for other platforms" archive from <http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/developer-tools/sql-developer/> AUTHOR
make-sqldeveloper-package was written by Lazarus Long <lazarus.long@bigfoot.com>. This manual page was written by Lazarus Long <lazarus.long@bigfoot.com>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). GNU
2012-11-13 MAKE-SQLDEVELOPER-PACKAGE(1)